Hardware Is my Wii dead?

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help right now. I was trying to boot up my old Wii and went directly to the Homebrew Channel through BootMii, but no apps are loaded, despite the apps folder being in my SD card. I tried using a different SD card, but still nothing. I tried going directly to the system menu, but all it gives me is a black screen, and I don't seem to find my nand backup anywhere. Is something wrong with the hardware, or is this an unfortunate case of bit rot in my nand? What can I do to get it working again?

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help, anyone? I'm beginning to think that it's the Bluetooth module that is dead, but even with that, are Bootmii and the Homebrew Channel supposed to work, even if the latter doesn't read anything from SD or USB? I also tried the NAND Formatter (using this tutorial). But I still get the black screen.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
press the 1 or 2, or plus or minus button, dont rememnber which but lets you switch from usb to sd card
in the homebrew channel.. sometimes its something overlooked..
also, keep in mind, the homebrew chanel only supports fat32..

Last edited by migles,

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press the 1 or 2, or plus or minus button, dont rememnber which but lets you switch from usb to sd card
in the homebrew channel.. sometimes its something overlooked..
also, keep in mind, the homebrew chanel only supports fat32..
Are you sure it's only fat32? Because the last times it worked, the SD card was at fat16, and the USB drive was detected. Now neither is detected. Does it have something to do with the Bluetooth module being dead (going to the system menu gives me a black screen, instead)?

Also, I can only use my Gamecube controller because my Remote is synced to my Wii U, and I cannot resync it to my Wii unless I go to the System Menu, but you know, black screen.

Last edited by MushGuy,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think @migles is just saying that it won't support exfat or NTFS. Sounds to me like your SD reader took a crap. Just happened to a buddy of mine actually.

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the information Bootmii gives me of my system, just in case:
Console ID: 0437622e
SysMenu: 4.3U boot1b boot2v4
NAND FS usage: 78.5%

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question: Is it possible to install Priiloader directly through Bootmii using the SD card option? Since the Homebrew Channel can't detect any media, maybe loading it through Priiloader can make it work again.

Edit: I just checked the Homebrew Channel again, and I noticed that it said "Network not initialized". Does it mean that the Wifi board needs to be replaced?

Edit 2: What if I upload my NAND backup (done after the brick happened) so that someone here can fix it for me? I can't use ShowMiiWads with it, for some reason.

Last edited by MushGuy,

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PROBLEM SOLVED! I changed the component cable to composite, and surprisingly the system menu booted. I loaded the Homebrew Channel from there, and it managed to load from SD. I loaded the channel from BootMii, and it loaded from SD, too! It appeared that some setting in the system was changed after the last time I played Nintendont (I don't remember how I turned it off last time), but it somehow got fixed when I changed to composite. By the way, I got the idea when I was tyring to load cBoot2 DOL loader from this tutorial, but the application was loaded in a video format that the component input channel could not read, so I switched to composite, but it got stuck at the "IOS successfully loaded" screen. I switched back to my main SD card, and that's when it got fixed. Whew! Good thing I managed to figure things out. Now to backup my GC Memory Card and finally perform my system transfer.

PS: How could I have even forgotten that I also had Priiloader installed?^^;

Last edited by MushGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉