Is my Wii broken - strange video, NOT like normal graphics problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Escape-To-88, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Escape-To-88
    OP

Newcomer Escape-To-88 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    Have a weird problem.
    Just noticed my Wii fan (the one at the back) has stopped working.
    I have been using the crappy AV cables that come with the console and noticed some interference, like that of a speaker, when using the console. It looks like its snowing on-screen, not like the normal graphics chip burn out where bits of the screen pixelate, but an ever-changing 'snow-storm' like effect over the whole screen. It doesn't changer per game or screen, just stays the same. When I use the component cables this problem is amplified ten-fold and it looks like a hale storm on the screen!! Also I've noticed a whirring when turning the machine off recently.
    I'm basically wondering has the lack of fan (have no idea WHEN it stopped!) damaged something internally and is there anyway to fix this? I have ordered a USB fan to try and cool it.
    Any ideas exactly what the problem is??

2. Vattu

Member Vattu GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    pics or stfu [​IMG]

3. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just cuious but were you playing for long while the fan was not working because that could easily ruin some of the components. It sounds like some major component inside te=he wii are ruined. You may have to end up sending it into Nintendo for them to fix it.

4. Escape-To-88
    OP

Newcomer Escape-To-88 Member

United Kingdom
    Now sent back to Nintendo to repalce board [​IMG]