• Start date
  • Views 2,003
  • Replies 13
D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Ok, so I have no Idea what's happening, but here is what i know:

-My Wii does not turn on without my SD card, or it just sits on a black screen

-When my Wii does turn on, i can pretty much do anything, Homebrew, settings menu, ext.

-If I press the home button and return to the menu, black screen

-If I put my Wii into ''Standby'' ( I dunno what its called, but when its a yellow light on the power button ), and I turn it back On, black screen

-Turning the power off takes a unsual amount of time

And all of this happened after I updated my Wii Shop Channel, Mii Channel, IOS 60 and 61, of of the Homebrew channel. Is this a brick? I have BootMii installed with both boot2 and IOS, if that is of any help.

Please Help, I would really like to know whats happening

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
first off, if u have bootmii as boot2 and a nand dump, u can fix this very easily yourself (and if u don't have a nand dump, u can fix it using comex's nand formatter). So you are for sure 100% NOT bricked.

but before we get into the details of restoring/flashing your nand, we probably don't need to go that far.

You didn't give enough information, but here's what I think happened. You are on system menu 4.0 or 4.1, and when u 'updated' IOS60 you actually installed the stub IOS, and now your SM can't function

if this is the case, the solution is to just install IOS60 (NOT the stubbed version) using wad manager, dop-mii, MMM or w/e

Other useful information you could provide is... what firmware are u on (ie. 4.1E,4.0U etc.) and how you went about updating IOS60 and everything else (did u use wad manager, dop-mii, wiiscu, etc.???)

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Thx for the quick replies.
biggrin.gif

Ok, so i'm on the 4,1 firmware, Ntsc Wii version. Regarding the NAND dump, the tut that I used only mentioned it around the end, so I din't get to do it before this happened. I followed This tut, if it helps. The files linked on the tut are the ones i used. The shop upgrade ( Wich was the IOS 60 and 61 upgrade too ) was in the Softmii 3 Pack that I downloaded. Would it be possible for you to place a link to the IOS your suggesting me, as I do not want to make another mistake to further ''Brick'' my Wii.

Thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wow, u used a shitty illegal guide (i'm surprised people are using and sharing cboot2!!)

anyways, this is what u do, download nus auto downloader from my signature

from the main menu, enter B, to go to the batch download page, there enter "60" and "yawm" to download IOS60 and yet another wad manager mod. Then hit "D" to download them.

When its done, copy the files to your sd card

turn on your wii -- bootmii -- HBC -- load yawmm -- install the IOS60 u got from NUS Auto Downloader

now try going to your wii menu, it should work fine (assuming your problem was a stubbed IOS60). Report back if it worked or not.

Once u get your wii to boot the system menu, run the "download wizard" feature of NUS Auto Downloader and mod your wii like normal people do, not that retarded guide u followed

edit: note that u need a patched cIOS to install the IOS60 I mentioned above, if u don't have a patched IOS or cIOS installed, then download the non-fakesigned version of IOS60 from the Archived Download "AD" page of NUS Auto Downloader (or u can grab it from NUSD) and install that using any IOS

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Alright thank you, I'm trying that out right now, but, sorry for not knowing, how am i supposed to remod my wii if its alredy modded??? Can I like, undo everything i did??

Edit: Ok so I tried with the first method and it dosent install, but gives me an error, and i am not sure wich one to pick in the second option

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
from the main menu of NUSAD, enter "AD", then enter "60", then "d" to download IOS60v6174 (not fakesigned version)

then go back to your wii, and install that wad using yawmm loaded with any IOS

edit: after u get your Wii booting to the system menu properly, u can rehack your wii from scratch (without undoing what u did before, as rehacking it should overwrite your older hacks). Once u get to that point, just run NUSAD's download wizard function, answer the questions, and a guide will be built for u which will spell everything out

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
OMG THANK YOU!!!

You were right about the IOS, after I installed the new one, everything worked perfectly. I really apreciate you helping me, because I was really worried that I did something irreversible. Now, you said that I should mod my Wii with that other software, but how??? And how would I ''unmodd'' my Wii?

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
start NUS Auto Downloader
from the main menu, enter "W", then type "Y", then "4.1", then "U", then "4.2" (or "4.1" if you prefer)

then say yes to w/e other channels you want to download (if any), say yes or no to extra brick protection (since u have bootmii as boot2, u don't need it, but it doesn't hurt)

say "Y" to confirm settings, input your drive letter (or leave blank to use default)

then say "Y" to build your guide and download your files

then read the guide
biggrin.gif

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Ok thx, i'll try the mod i have right now, to check if it works, but if it dosent ( wich would not suprise me ), I will try your mod first thing
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the help, you really saved me there

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will agree XFlak knows exactly what to do, follow his advice if you want it fixed. hes a very respected member of our community here, you should be honored hes helping out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.