is my wii a virgin now?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shpinxis, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010

is my wii a virgin now? by Shpinxis at 5:22 AM (872 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Shpinxis
    OP

Newcomer Shpinxis Advanced Member

United States
    i followed some steps to erasing my cIOS with CIOS uninstaller and anyregionchanger and nand dumb. I delted all the IOSs above 200 and it seems clean because programs tell me there is no cIOS installed on my wii.

I tried installing the original system menu and the IOS 36 original wad but I get errors from wad manager (which i can load from IOS 36) that say ret = -1035.

Im not sure if it deleted softmii (which is installed to boot2)or DVDx, but i still have HBC.

I'm just wondering if my system is safe to update through nintendo yet or not...thanks for your help

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    @DeadlyFoez, I think everyone wants to trade it in for the black version. I wouldn't mind selling my wii but it has a modchip in it and I would be in deep shit if EB or anywhere I sold it to figured it out.
    On topic though, feel free to update. Just make sure that you delete the homebrew channel to make sure that all traces are gone.

3. ChokeD

Member ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    That's funny shit man. lmao [​IMG]

4. Skarnet

Newcomer Skarnet Member

Denmark
    Why don't you just buy a black wii, exchange the drives and sell the white wii, with the new no-dvd drive? Then you'll have a black wii with modchip, that can play backups and dvds.

5. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    You took the words right out of my mounth [​IMG]

Everybody buying a new black Wii is screwed in playing dvd backups (not that you really need it (ok you do for some maybe) , but you never know)
    It's always nice to be able to play a backup dvd [​IMG]