Is my system bricked? It won't turn on anymore (not even in Safe Mode)

supernintendo128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my CECHA PS3 system to have the CD laser replaced. When I got it back, I plugged it in, not realizing that the power switch was in the On position, and the light immediately turned green. Despite this, there was no picture, and I couldn't connect a controller. I tried booting into safe mode, but that won't work either. I tried swapping hard drives, nope. I tried connecting a controller, it acts like it's not even there. I tried removing the HDD and booting into safe mode, still nothing. I tried using AV cables, nothing. The HDD access light turns on once at boot-up and then not anymore. What happened?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be glod (green light of death). I'm not really sure what that entails, but it's named after the fact that you see the green light.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the notorious ps3 errors are named after the power lights you see like ylod, the most notorious of them all.

supernintendo128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update: I was showing it to a friend when my TV said "480p" upon boot-up. I was even able to connect a controller, but unfortunately no picture, and I was only able to get it to do this once. I'm sending it back to the technician tomorrow if it still doesn't work next morning.

SkepticalTombstone

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
An update: I was showing it to a friend when my TV said "480p" upon boot-up. I was even able to connect a controller, but unfortunately no picture, and I was only able to get it to do this once. I'm sending it back to the technician tomorrow if it still doesn't work next morning.
ok so you probably thought of this but maybe there is something wrong with the monitor/cables instead of your ps3? Also I want to ask: Is ps3 booting into the menu and there just isn't any video or is your ps3 not booting into the menu at all?

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure that you have only 1 type of video cable connected between your PS3 and your TV or monitor, an HDMI cable is optimal. If you have multiple video connections the reset sometimes does not work.

Make sure that your TV or monitor is turned on and set to the proper input for your PS3.

With your PS3 in standby mode, turn your console on using the front power button and hold the button down.With the button held down, You will here one beep when the console first turns on, and, after about 4-5 seconds, you will here a second beep. When you here the second beep let go of the button.

Basically resetting the TV input. I remember the ps3 system was funny when it got connected to multiple tvs

Last edited by CloudStrife1901,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saw this trick on place after reading one of the posts, take the hdd out, put it on your pc, create a 30GB partition on the hdd to show that there's something wrong to the ps3, put the hdd back into the ps3, hope it formats it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1