Hacking Is my sx emunand set up correct?

jayswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so I have just got an sx core on a lite, just set up emunand on the sd card.
I have set up emunand using atmosphere but not sx before so have a few questions, I am not totally new to this but would like a better understanding.

I know all about the ban risks, no guarantees etc but using emunand to try and get a bit of use out of it!

Had the option of hidden partition or not, after reading didnt see much benefit in the hidden so went for the none hidden.

I now have an sxos folder on the root.

I turn the switch on holding volume up and it takes me to the sx menu with the option to boot ofw/cfw.
Am I right in thinking the system uses its magic and if I load cfw it boots from one of the emunand partitions and ofw boots from the other trying to eliminate the chance of ban?
I am trying to understand the workings of it as most guides seem to show how to set it up but not how it works.

Also when adding back ups do I place them on the root and install? or within a certain partition?

Thanks

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First: hidden partition is always better because is a lot less prone to corruption. This is very important because on emunand there are your games saves and corrupting it, which could happen even on fat32, will make you lose all your progresses in the games you're playing. So delete or migrate your emunand's sd files to hidden partition. Note that making an emunand hidden partition will wipe your sd so you will lose all its contents.
To know if sxos has detected the emunand a button will appear on your boot cfw option saying "emunand enabled" or you can check it in the upper-right corner of sxos's games menu, under the sxos logo you should see "emunand" written there. Note that a valid sxos license is needed for enable booting from emunand.
Backups could be put in the root of the sd card and could be ran directly in case of xcis or installed in case of nsp. Xcis could be also installed if you want.
I'm an ex sxos user and my advice is that if you have an erista switch use atmosphere instead, it's much more stable and works a lot better with much less bugs.

Reactions: jayswitch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey