Is my R4 Failing?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rudedoggx, Apr 15, 2008.

Apr 15, 2008

Is my R4 Failing? by rudedoggx at 3:51 PM (1,158 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. rudedoggx
    OP

Member rudedoggx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All of a sudden, 2 of my games on R4 would not work. These games were Mario Party DS, and Ninja Gaiden DS.. This seemed to occur after I enabled soft-reset. They worked fine before, but now they say 'unable to read game data' when I try to boot them. Also, my Mario Kart DS does NOT work with download play anymore, and it used to work fine. Now I get some sort of 'communication error'. WTF, menz? [​IMG]

EDIT: I'm also using the latest Kernel (v1.18), if that makes any difference. - Woops, I posted this to the wrong section. Anyone care to move this?

2. Pie_Master178

Newcomer Pie_Master178 Member

Australia

I don't have an R4 but my friend does...if you copy(backup) all your data on the card and move it to some place safe and re-format the card and then copy everything back the problem should be fixed.

3. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    v1.18.. that may be your problem that its not working, cause i dont think its even out yet.. [​IMG]

I dont know, Try what pie said, it happened to me at the start, i reformatted it and it works fine for me

4. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Also, make sure when you update your firmware to delete _DS_MENU.SYS, as the loader will recreate it.

5. rudedoggx
    OP

Member rudedoggx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I accidentally updated it with v1.08 [​IMG] - Well, it's fixed now.