Is my Pokemon X cartridge faulty? Help?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by PopTart69, Dec 11, 2016.

1. PopTart69
    OP

PopTart69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    In your bag of Goldfish snack crackers
    Ok, so this problem has been going on for almost a year now. My pokemon X cart has some... Corruption issues. The very first corruption happened after I beat the game. I was trying to use a QR code to get Volcanion. Yeah, didn't try that again. 2nd corruption happened after I beat the game again. I hadn't done anything hacking related. Maybe I had a hacked 'mon or something? 3rd corruption happened about halfway through the game. Now, corruptions happen like this: Start new game, Save, turn off, turn back on, start game up, and bam, "The saved data is corrupted. Refer to the electronic manual for details." HELP. Why does this keep happening? Is there a fix? The warranty has expired for the cart... :hateit:

2. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Normal cards shouldn't do that. It's not the hacked mons either, I can guarantee you that. Must've hacked over 10 boxes of Pokémon as of now.

3. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Try cleaning the contacts with alcohol and a cloth, (not drinking alcohol) but yeah, have you damaged the cart at all? water damage or anything?

4. PopTart69
    OP

PopTart69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    In your bag of Goldfish snack crackers
    I haven't damaged the thing at all... and I don't have any rubbing alcohol as far as I know ._.

5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Lol rubbing alcohol is like 50 cents, a new game is like $40. I fail to see why you can't go get some and potentially save yourself a wasted $40. 70% Isopropyl Alcohol/Water is the best way to clean those copper contacts. Regardless of damage, the become dirty overtime with dust, dead skin cells etc and may require a cleaning. You really have nothing to lose.

Baoulettes likes this.