Hardware Is my O3DSXL beyond repair?

Ursus Major

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So a few days ago i tripped over the power cable of my o3DSXL while it was charging, it fell down (from a couch, wasn't too high of a drop) and now it kinda rattles when i shake it and since then it won't turn on, the blue light just flashes once and that's it.

I saw some videos about a fix for this on a o3DS (non XL), it involved opening it up and reconnecting a ribbon connector. But it also mentioned a popping noise when you turn on the 3DS, mine's never done that, but the flashing blue LED part seems to fit.

So my questions are:
1. Do you think opening it up and reconnecting the ribbon could fix my system?
and if so:
2. Is the layout inside the same or at least similar to the non-XL o3DS?
if not, it'd be great if some of you could provide me with some tips on how to do the same fix on an o3DSXL, if it's at all possible.

Thanks in advance, and please don't tell me to send it to Nintendo, i don't want to lose A9LH, so Nintendo will be the last thing i'll do, if there's really no other way.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: swabbo

Ursus Major

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I looked up an ifixt guide, opened the back cover, took the battery out, then i noticed i actually didn't have the right kind of screwdriver, so i put everything back on, tried to turn it on and it actually works!

Don't really know what i did, i guess the battery got loose when i dropped it.

Thanks anyways!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte