Hacking is my NAND dead or something else? And can I repair it with bootmii as boot2?

SilverMK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: I have a new wii that works fine, and this broken one has a dead disk drive so there's not too much point in reviving it, so this is mostly just a curiosity question, but that wii is able to load the system menu (4.3U) just fine, no menu themes, and only 3 custom channels (HBC, Riivolution, CTGP Channel, all of which I had for years without issues). it also loads the Settings Menu and Message Board fine, but as soon as I try to load any app, it just black screens and requires holding the power button down, and going to data management in the settings causes a freeze which also requires the same hard reset. I installed bootmii as boot2 on it and took a nand dump before it died. That dump is long gone, but could I restore it by importing my nand from my current wii? Again, this is moreso just out of curiosity, so it's not urgent or anything, just wondering if I can fix it.

Reactions: SaulFabre

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: XFlak
General chit-chat
Help Users
    gudenau @ gudenau: That feeling when someone tells you to put a 4 char string into your text renderer to test it...