Hardware Is my n3ds a IPS or...??

Katlanie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/a/4M9q8

according to these pictures what would you guys say?

If that is yours you don't have to hold it at that extreme angle. The easiest is using a black background and viewed at an angle it will go whitish. Or the easiest is to just go to that site on reddit where they have black boxes and that is how some are telling if its ips or tn that way. And to tell you the truth the ips thing is really not a big deal when it comes to the 3ds. I had a ips but then got a tn and I rather play the tn screen more. Just choose what you like. But know that you aren't going to play your 3ds at an angle so just test out what you think is best for the games.

And in my opinion the only thing I was picky on is the bleed out of the screens. Some were horrific and I never know how it passed Nintendo QC people.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that is yours you don't have to hold it at that extreme angle. The easiest is using a black background and viewed at an angle it will go whitish. Or the easiest is to just go to that site on reddit where they have black boxes and that is how some are telling if its ips or tn that way. And to tell you the truth the ips thing is really not a big deal when it comes to the 3ds. I had a ips but then got a tn and I rather play the tn screen more. Just choose what you like. But know that you aren't going to play your 3ds at an angle so just test out what you think is best for the games.

And in my opinion the only thing I was picky on is the bleed out of the screens. Some were horrific and I never know how it passed Nintendo QC people.

I was going off this test right here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/71842434

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Disable wireless and look at the indicator in the top left corner. If you can read it at an angle, it's IPS. BTW, is it an XL model?

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it looks like an IPS screen. It shouldn't be hard to tell at all, if the colours don't dramatically wash out at an angle like the botton screen, it's IPS.
Have you seen a n3ds with two IPS screens? I was going to return this 3ds but i decided to keep it since I thought I had an IPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)