Hardware Is my laptop reaally that bad?

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't stand desktops no matter how powerful.
I like laptops because they are portable.
Speaking of desktops i would never get a ryzen. AMD is not a choice for me. I would get the new i9 if id get a desktop.

And staying for two long staring at a big monitor hurts my eyes.
Gaming laptops are great too especially having a desktop gpu, plus you have the lcd and you can travel easily with it. I personally would buy one if i find it for a great price.

About intel i9, it's made for workstation, video editing and something like that. It has 10 cores which is useless for gaming, also the price 999$ for cpu alone. And regarding amd ryzen, they are great too especially for multi core use.

Reactions: NoNAND

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaming laptops are great too especially having a desktop gpu, plus you have the lcd and you can travel easily with it. I personally would buy one if i find it for a great price.

About intel i9, it's made for workstation, video editing and something like that. It has 10 cores which is useless for gaming, also the price 999$ for cpu alone. And regarding amd ryzen, they are great too especially for multi core use.
Don't touch the i9s with a 10 foot pole, they're overpriced and a knee-jerk reaction to Ryzen

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
UPDATE!!!!!! im getting an asus laptop with i6700hq 16gb ram ddr4 2133mhz 2tb hdd gtx 1060 3gb just 890€ is 1060 better than 1050 ti?

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
UPDATE!!!!!! im getting an asus laptop with i6700hq 16gb ram ddr4 2133mhz 2tb hdd gtx 1060 3gb just 890€ is 1060 better than 1050 ti?
Significantly better, even though I still strongly recommend a desktop PC. How do your eyes hurt more easily with a big screen than a small one? Anyway, it's your choice.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Significantly better, even though I still strongly recommend a desktop PC. How do your eyes hurt more easily with a big screen than a small one? Anyway, it's your choice.
Thanks. And tbh idk why. Even when gaming in front of my 32' FHD tv makes me sleepy and hurts my eyes and i get a burning feeling on my cheeks

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Amazing specs, are you sure it's a nvidia 1060? The price is good to be true, because i can find it for 1499 euro.
If the store or wherever you gonna buy from is trustable, get it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't stand desktops no matter how powerful.
I like laptops because they are portable.
Speaking of desktops i would never get a ryzen. AMD is not a choice for me. I would get the new i9 if id get a desktop.

And staying for two long staring at a big monitor hurts my eyes.
You could build a gaming desktop, and stream the games to your laptop with Steam In-Home Streaming. That's what I'm planning on doing rather than getting a new laptop, since desktops are easy to upgrade (I do have a gaming desktop already, it's just a bit outdated now since it has an i7 920 in it so I want to build a new one and stick the GTX 970 in it) and decent gaming laptops are expensive and can't be upgraded much, if at all.
If you haven't tried Steam In-Home Streaming before, give it a shot, for me it works just as well as playing the games directly on my desktop. If you want to stream wirelessly you better have 5ghz wifi at least. 802.11ac is optional, it works just as well without it.
Pretty much every low-power device now has a U series i5 or i7 kek.

Sent from my cave of despair where I stalk Seriel
Or a m-series CPU :P

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep. 1060 but 3gb only. Its on sale btw
Ow man, I thought the 6gb version. I almost forgot that the 3gb of 1060 existed lol. However i think i saw some benchmark and i see the 1060 3gb is still better than 1050 ti. So it's a great deal for that price imo.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ow man, I thought the 6gb version. I almost forgot that the 3gb of 1060 existed lol. However i think i saw some benchmark and i see the 1060 3gb is still better than 1050 ti. So it's a great deal for that price imo.
Thanks. I COMPLETLY forgot that i can watch vr with this thing! I was so focused on the cemu thingy

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything less than 4 physical cores should be not regarding as multicore CPUs.
Please explain why something with "less than 4 physical cores" should not be considered multicore when it clearly is.

This line makes you sound like an entitled child whose parents have always bought them an 8-core+ PC just to play Solitaire.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Please explain why something with "less than 4 physical cores" should not be considered multicore when it clearly is.

This line makes you sound like an entitled child whose parents have always bought them an 8-core+ PC just to play Solitaire.
Nah to play at friv

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think it's a bad config. It's not the most powerful thing, but it's much probably fine for must games.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Too bad your vision couldn't look at my signature. I have a PC with an i3 6100 and a laptop with an i5 6200U- both with two physical cores and 4 logical.
You're thinking too straight. The point I wanted to make was that anything less than 4 physical cores should be considered what single core CPUs were when the first proper quad cores came out- relevant, but borderline weak. If it were not for the lack of well optimized games for more than 4 cores, dual core CPUs would have been well laid to rest.
Regardless of the IPC, dual cores are too weak to do anything more than basic productivity in modern personal computing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans