Hacking Is my internal battery dead?

rendil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a chinese G6 Lite with v4.1b software on it. I've had it for nearly 2 weeks and I've never been able to save in a game, turn off the DS, and have the save written when turning it back on. The only way to get the "saving data ... please do not turn power off" (I don't know the english wording) screen to show up is to use a soft reset or very quickly turn the power off and back on.

I decided to let the G6 Lite charge in its USB cradle overnight, but that didn't seem to fix it.

Any suggestions?

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought the g6 lite batter was rechargeable. anyway it sound like you picked that option when you patched the rom

rendil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Picked what option? You mean the ability to soft reset? I'm not complaining about the ability to soft reset, but rather the necessity to do so.

The battery is supposed to be rechargeable. Mine just doesn't seem to be working. The battery is supposed to keep the SRAM from clearing so that I can come back hours/days/weeks later and still have my save be permanently stored to the flash drive.

As it stands, I need to reset so that my SRAM doesn't lose power and clear the save. Which, quite honestly, isn't that bad. But there have been a few times where I've forgotten and lost my progress.

I guess I'm just hoping there's an easy solution.

Has anyone ever replaced their battery? I opened up the unit and it looks like I should be able to just pull it out and put in my own, but I'm wary of breaking it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: