Hacking Is my DS Phat dead?

karnik95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with my DS Phat (obviously). Whenever I try to boot it, it won't boot! I've tried charging the battery but the charging light won't switch on. Before this problem occurred, my Phat was fully charged and everything was working.

But then a few days ago, peculiar things started to happen.

Firstly, my DS firmware completely rebooted and when I switched it on, it prompted me for reconfiguration. Secondly, it started to spontaneously switch off whilst playing a game. Thirdly, whenever I tried to reboot it, the light would turn on, and then switch off again. I had to hold the button (to jumpstart it) just to get it to turn on.

But yesterday, it just gave up and stopped working.

Could the problem be with my flashcart (EZ-Flash V) or has by 'rechargeable' battery gone flat?

Help would be really appreciated.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the battery was dead, I think the charge light would still come on...
unsure.gif
It's most likely something else, but I'm not sure what.

karnik95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
unsure.gif

But see, the battery won't stay rechargeable forever. Eventually, it would lose the potential to do so and therefore, become actually dead.

I have heard something about your battery becoming permanently dead after a 100 or so charges but I am not sure.

I have actually had it for 3 years, so the prospect of it becoming permanently dead is quite plausible.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had mine the same amount of time and while its loast the ability to hold as much energy as it used to it still charges. Whats more if you take a DS battery out and plug it in to the mains the charge light should come on and it will run off the mains (as far as I know, haven't actually tried) so this points to something else in your DS having gone wrong.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
karnik95 said:
ProtoKun7 said:
unsure.gif

But see, the battery won't stay rechargeable forever. Eventually, it would lose the potential to do so and therefore, become actually dead.

I have heard something about your battery becoming permanently dead after a 100 or so charges but I am not sure.

I have actually had it for 3 years, so the prospect of it becoming permanently dead is quite plausible.
I know batteries don't last forever, I was saying that I think it would still try, even if it wouldn't last at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: