OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now, after reading some threads about fake AceKard 2i's, I'm getting paranoid about how legit my AceKard is. For now, I can't get any pictures posted because I have no idea how to use my HP Laptop's integrated webcam.

Description:
-My AceKard 2i was bought from consolesource.com around April.
-My Acekard 2i has no window (that protruding box thing under the sticker)
-When I finally got the nerve to pull off half my AceKard's sticker, there was no chip.
-There is no sign of a spring at the msd card slot.
-Both the AK official firmware and akAIO version 1.4.1 proper works. (Works as in the roms load just fine.
-Although akAIO works fine now, the second time I reformatted it into my msd it wouldn't load any roms except for Mario Kart.
-Right after I formatted the newest loader into my msd, all other roms worked fine.
-There was also a slight problem with my AceKard last night. When I applied a new skin (I'm referring to a specific skin, not all skins in general), and then closed my dsi, my Acekard would freeze at boot up. It froze by the time it displayed my new skin. The Sd icon at the top stopped blinking and was red. No games or anything else showed. After I deleted said skin with my SD formatter, my Acekard applied a completely black skin, with no calender and the start menu cannot be acessed. When I reapplied a freshly downloaded akAIO firmware, the AceKard booted up perfectly, but most roms didn't work untill I added a new loader from GBAtemp.

So, with these clues, can any of you decide if my AceKard is fake or not?

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's real. The newer revision don't have the square bump or springs. If you're still not convinced you can take apart the cart. If it's an Actel chip in there, then it's real. I bought mine from there too because they're in Canada. The skins issue is most likely user error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over