WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
According to an inside source, Electronic Arts got a very early dev kit for the 360 successor from Microsoft. The source also believes that a launch by 2012's end is possible, with initial details revealed at this year's E3. Neither EA nor Microsoft are confirming this rumor.

QUOTE said:
“Why let Nintendo steal the thunder in June [At E3]? It doesn’t want to lose momentum. That’s why I think Microsoft is rushing to make an announcement at E3.” - inside source

Source

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this E3 is Nintendo's turn to shine with the new hardware .

Then again usually all Sony, MS, and Nintendo have BIG surprises; so i wonder what they could be

i doubt we need a 360 successor right now anyway that is.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is no *need* for the XBox360/PS3 successor yet - the hardware is still fairly on-par with what a high-end PC can do. Untill there is a technological leap between what "can be done" and what "is done at the moment", so such successor will emerge.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
And basically kill the Kinect, Microsoft's most successful game add-on?

Hell no, they'd be brain dead to do that.
The way the Kinect is set up they could theoretically have their new platform use it as a peripheral. Keeping back compatibility with all Kinect games and opening an entirely new library. Still a weird move but I reckon its doable. Hell we can make it work on the PC, why not another console with USB ports?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
QUOTE said:
That’s why I think Microsoft is rushing to make an announcement at E3.” - inside source
Personal opinion doesn't indicate it's the true story. The Xbox 360 and PS3 successors won't be here for at least another year or two, the Wii is the only console of this generation to really see sales drop as of yet. Announcing an Xbox 360 successor will only cut the profits for Microsoft instead of doing them any good.

D

Deleted-220713

I don't think that's gonna happen.
Do 360 owners really want or need a new X-box yet?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Rockstar said:
Why did i read the topic as Minecraft -_-
Over-dosage of Minecraft is bad for health.

On-Topic:- It's a false rumor, I expect E3 2012 to have some announcement but not this year, nope.

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
There is no *need* for the XBox360/PS3 successor yet - the hardware is still fairly on-par with what a high-end PC can do. Untill there is a technological leap between what "can be done" and what "is done at the moment", so such successor will emerge.

Its more a case of "Current high-end PC's are limited to what the current gen consoles can do" ,sorry but the days that the PC lead the pack is over, 95% of the current pc games are console ports and devs openly admitting not being able to fully utilise the current GPU's due to the directx API

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FaSMaN said:
Foxi4 said:

Its more a case of "Current high-end PC's are limited to what the current gen consoles can do" ,sorry but the days that the PC lead the pack is over, 95% of the current pc games are console ports and devs openly admitting not being able to fully utilise the current GPU's due to the directx API

Uhm... no.

Have you seen any recent PC games? They surpass what consoles show graphics-wise, even if ever-so-slightly.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Current PCs wipe the floor with current consoles.

Don't make me shove 500 benchmarks down y'all's throats.
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Foxi4 said:
That's just silly.

A high-end PC is much more powerful than a PS3/360.
-
As for the 360 successor, it's probably not true.

I am hoping it does turn out to be true, though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
Current PCs wipe the floor with current consoles.

Don't make me shove 500 benchmarks down y'all's throats. tongue.gif

Obviously this is all true, PC's always have been and always will be more powerful then consoles. Thing is, developers aren't even fully utilizing this power, rarely games show off the PC graphics prowess significantly more than what you see on the consoles. It's just not worth the bonus effort - games already look "good", hence my statement that an XBox360/PS3 successor will not emerge anytime soon - there's no market for it.

They would be significantly more expensive then today's consoles and despite the power they'd offer, the experiance wouldn't change much.

It's very hard to spot any major differences between the PC version and the port of games unless you have a really massive High-End and you're a graphics whore while at it.

QUOTENO.
There are only 10 games for the Kinect, and they already want to kill it?
HELL NO.

Kinect is a perhaptial, not a console. It could just as well be compatible with the XBox360's successor, much like a Gamecube controller is compatible with a Wii. The big "Kinect's gunna diez!" scare is baseless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun