Hacking Is microSD Management safe on emu?

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it safe to use this feature while on emunand? Screwing the 3DS and removing the back lid to get that fucking SD out every time is a major pain in the ass, so I tried using microSD Management on emu (it's not there on sys) and it worked, but once finished exiting gets me stuck in a loop somehow. Every time I leave the menu by clicking Back I go back and forth between Data Management and microSD Management and there is no way out. Not really stuck as powering off the console is possible but it doesn't seem like a very secure method of moving files between my PC and SD. Is this how it goes or is there a better way? Thanks.

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The SD Card Management works fine with my PastaCFW (sysNAND, but if Pasta isn't running, the app/service just crashes), but I really don't know about the emuNAND situation.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emunand???
if you're sending some small file.
just use ftbrony with ftp tools.
for me, only open the back if want to add new cia game files

Simplicity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand???
if you're sending some small file.
just use ftbrony with ftp tools.
for me, only open the back if want to add new cia game files
I disagree. FTP is a hassle. Getting your 3DS's local IP address and keeping track of it is tedious and probably not going to happen. In my experience only some FTP clients worked. mSD Managment transfers data faster and is easier to use.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw, management is working on emunand, but u can only quit it by holding the power button if u downgraded the setting in sysnand to 4.x.
(if u try to quit normally, it will lead u into a sd management bootloop)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I disagree. FTP is a hassle. Getting your 3DS's local IP address and keeping track of it is tedious and probably not going to happen. In my experience only some FTP clients worked. mSD Managment transfers data faster and is easier to use.
well, only windows, and look the last post I posted

in case u dont know, just some tips for help....
only ftp client with anonymous login works:P

Simplicity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, management is working on emunand, but u can only quit it by holding the power button if u downgraded the setting in sysnand to 4.x.
Err, what? N3DS user here, and I have never experienced that on either sysnand or EMUNAND. I also have MSET, which I believe is what you were referencing "downgraded the setting in sysand to 4.x.". I click "Close" inside the app and it takes me to the home screen telling me the application (mSD Managment) has crashed. It's perfect.

Last edited by Simplicity,

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well...for me, the bootloop occur everytime when I try to quit sd management....maybe is because I'm using cfw:unsure:

I'm using Gateway and I'm getting the loop too. Anyway could somebody answer my question please, is it safe? Thanks.

Simplicity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also using gateway. I've successfully used it without any issues on both EMUNAND and SYSNAND, never experiencing a single "loop". My emunand version is 9.5 if that matters. Perhaps I am using a slightly older provided CIA?

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That´s not true! I am on 4.x. and i can normally quit the sd management. I use a Gateway with latest Emunand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well...for me, the bootloop occur everytime when I try to quit sd management....maybe is because I'm using cfw:unsure:
I'm using Gateway and I'm getting the loop too. Anyway could somebody answer my question please, is it safe? Thanks.
i guess you guess are using it legitimately via system settings, that does indeed put you into a loop.......look instead for the micro SD management standalone cia file and even lets you exit out and stay in emunand

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i guess you guess are using it legitimately via system settings, that does indeed put you into a loop.......look instead for the micro SD management standalone cia file and even lets you exit out and stay in emunand

Awesome news, thank you for that.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada

well, only windows, and look the last post I posted
mSD Management uses the Samba protocol, which works in Windows natively, as well as OSX, and Linux if Samba is installed (which it is on almost every common distro).

Trying to download MicroSD Management, but that iso site is down :angry:

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mSD Management uses the Samba protocol, which works in Windows natively, as well as OSX, and Linux if Samba is installed (which it is on almost every common distro).

Trying to download MicroSD Management, but that iso site is down :angry:
thx for these info:P

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump this, but is anybody having troubles getting this to work on Windows 10? I did a clean install of 10 a few days ago, and I can not for the life of me get the PC to connect to the 3DS.

I get a message that says "Windows cannot access \\3DS" with an error code 0x80004005. It all worked fine in the past.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry to bump this, but is anybody having troubles getting this to work on Windows 10? I did a clean install of 10 a few days ago, and I can not for the life of me get the PC to connect to the 3DS.

I get a message that says "Windows cannot access \\3DS" with an error code 0x80004005. It all worked fine in the past.
I also have trouble connecting to my 3DS sometimes, but it works after a while. Confirm that your 3DS and PC are under the same network. Try to open explorer only after you have entered the sd management. Sometimes it failed to connect constantly, but after I closed explorer and reopen it, the problem got solved.

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to use this feature while on emunand? Screwing the 3DS and removing the back lid to get that fucking SD out every time is a major pain in the ass, so I tried using microSD Management on emu (it's not there on sys) and it worked, but once finished exiting gets me stuck in a loop somehow. Every time I leave the menu by clicking Back I go back and forth between Data Management and microSD Management and there is no way out. Not really stuck as powering off the console is possible but it doesn't seem like a very secure method of moving files between my PC and SD. Is this how it goes or is there a better way? Thanks.
Works fine for all files, just time consuming....Sure it's buggy but it works, what do you mean by secure?

Last edited by hunter010709,
Reactions: Kibido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
    S @ salazarcosplay: does update 19 really block it