Is mercury meltdown revolution a good game?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rhyguy, Nov 21, 2007.

Nov 21, 2007
  1. rhyguy
    OP

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I'm in to physics and platform games, and my friend says its a good game, but i read some reviews and they said the graphics were bad

if youve played it, can you post your thoughts on it?

2. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    it's fun to play, the graphics are as functional as they need to be really.

3. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Screenshot

The graphics are as to be expected for a Wii game. They don't need to be excellent, you're looking at whats basically a maze game with metaballs.

It plays well, I prefer using the classic controller rather than tilting the wiimote (I'm used to playing kororimpa (marble mania) so I keep expecting the tilting to be proportional to the wiimote movement, however it's not).

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    The game is pretty cool.
    Nice tilt controls and excellent level design.

5. burnsams

Newcomer burnsams Advanced Member

The game is GREAT!
    It´s not full plataforming like Kororinpa, as it has a lot of puzzle elements too. Some are rather difficult! I loved it

6. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I'm not worried about the graphics, it's the control that I wonder about. So the wiimote tilt isn't proportional? That's weird, I figured that'd be the whole point. How does one tilt it slightly? Is it connected with the amount of time you hold down the directional or something, or is it played with th analog stick? Also, I'd hope that my kids (3 & 5 yrs.) could play.. does the difficulty ramp up slowly?

7. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    It's fully tilt controlled (if you use the wiimote, you can also use the classic controller if you want).
    The controls respond good. If you tilt slightly, the level will tilt slightly. If you tilt further, the game will respond accordingly.
    But there is a maximum to the tilt. You can't rotate the entire level so that the right side becomes the bottom for example, like in kororinpa. But that's not a bad thing, it's just how the game plays. Levels are designed in that way.
    But I don't think this game is suitable for young kids. The puzzles are pretty challenging. It's not a simple 'go from point a to b'. You really have to think things through. You'll have split up the ball of mercury in several pieces, control all of them at the same time. And then for example give the ball different colors and let them mix, so it becomes a new color.
    If you want a nice and easy tilt controlled games for your kids, get kororinpa. That game is much easier. Just follow the path and tilt the remote. No difficult puzzles or elements.