ROM Hack Is Mario Party DS Rom Hacking Possible? And if so, how?

Deleted member 491016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I don't know how to hack stuff that much, but I know that MPDS hacking hasn't been explored too much. So I was just wondering if there was any way to make custom boards, minigames, implement custom characters, e.t.c.

So many great DS games have received rom hacks, I'm surprised theres nothing about Mario Party DS.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know how to hack stuff that much, but I know that MPDS hacking hasn't been explored too much. So I was just wondering if there was any way to make custom boards, minigames, implement custom characters, e.t.c.

So many great DS games have received rom hacks, I'm surprised theres nothing about Mario Party DS.
Possible? Probably.
But i will be hard to do these things.
(like very hard)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DS Mario Party titles were not especially good examples of the game so I imagine it mostly got overlooked.

That said hack it like anything else that does not have a custom made editor for it. Which is to say time to learn how file formats and the DS works.

I don't know how custom levels would work here with AI routines, though if it is for human play that should not be so bad.
Custom minigames. Yeah that would likely involve programming some new ones. You could tweak some existing ones more easily though.
Custom characters. If you want to replace existing ones then doable enough (change relevant models and sprites). Adding new ones entirely changes things up a bit though.

Reactions: Stealphie

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Custom characters. If you want to replace existing ones then doable enough (change relevant models and sprites). Adding new ones entirely changes things up a bit though.
I mean, it's possible to add character slots, but it won't be easy to do.

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it's possible to mod the tutorial map in the actual game.
And also I don't think that multiplayer would work because you can't edit DS Download Play and it's the only option to play multiplayer in Mario Party DS (at least I think so).

Last edited by Tempylon,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And also I don't think that multiplayer would work because you can't edit DS Download Play and it's the only option to play multiplayer in Mario Party DS (at least I think so).
You can edit the download play stuff (tends to be in a file called utility.bin or [something].srl, and if it is in a dwc directory then even more likely to be that). You might not even need flashme these days as I believe there was a bug found in the RSA signing not so long ago.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Also, the game has an unfinished multicard multiplayer that can be accessed with a cheat code. I believe this would bypass DLP restrictions. You can read about it here

Last edited by banjo2,

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Tempylon,
Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.