Is making the 3ds set it's own IP address possible through luma?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by donneee, Dec 14, 2016.

1. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    I can't use my router to do this because i'm using a usb dongle to get a direct connection to my pc. The problem i have is that my IP address keeps changing for my 3ds. Is there a way (possibly by script or a code.bin) to fix this?

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can just assign a static address in the settings for the connection.

donneee likes this.
  3. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    in system settings?

4. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Yes, internet settings.

donneee likes this.
  5. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    welp. i feel like a noob, didn't know you could do that. i relied so much on cfw and homebrew i didn't bother to check the obvious xD thank you!

Joom likes this.
  6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Honestly, your best bet is to set up a DHCP Reservation on your router via the 3DS's MAC address. Just make sure to keep it outside of the range of the normal DHCP addresses, or make it really high. This will ensure it gets the correct IP every time.

7. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    it's already fixed with what was said above. my usb wifi adapter turned hotspot is strictly for the 3ds itself for streaming. now it doesn't change IP address everytime i restart my 3ds now. thanks again guys. the only other thing i have left now is how to set up a bat file or a script that runs a series of commands in (admin) cmd to make my usb wifi dongle turn into a hotspot with one click, if anyone knows how to do that i'd love advise! if not, i'll just keep checking the ctr-v thread.