Hacking Is Kirby Triple Deluxe freezing for you?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if I am the only one experiencing these freezes. It happens with the .3ds and .cia. I will either get a random "An error has occurred" screen if I leave it sit on the attraction video or keychains screen or every now and then a hard freeze when I beat a stage. This is all with a clean verified dump and has persisted since GW 2.0. So am I the only one?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type and speed microSD are you using? I was having freezes with SKY (on Kirby) and an upgrade to a good microSD fixed it

Both are Sandisk 32G U1/class 10 microSDs. Previously I was using PNY class 10s and had the same issue (along with corruption). I have tried other adapters for the 3DS card as well. Only this game seems to have the problem so it is one of those small things that drives you mad.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are Sandisk 32G U1/class 10 microSDs. Previously I was using PNY class 10s and had the same issue (along with corruption). I have tried other adapters for the 3DS card as well. Only this game seems to have the problem so it is one of those small things that drives you mad.

Sounds like a bad rom dump. I would try another copy.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having similar issues with a Bravely Default ROM and the MiiPlaza CIA's. In the middle of playing I'll hit the same error screen. I think it's related to the HomePass relay I have set up though as it only happens when I get a new StreetPass - I think my unit is getting more streetpases than it can handle in emuNAND and it just crashes.

I should also mention I've played a good amount of the Triple Deluxe rom and have not had any issues like this.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno i think its 2 easy xD

Yes it is but pretty much any Kirby game is too easy so kids can enjoy it too. I just love platformers with hidden areas/secrets and it is very nostalgic to me. Not to mention the game dynamics they threw in with the supernova powerup, etc.

Sounds like a bad rom dump. I would try another copy.

I suppose I will backup the install folder on the SD and try a newly created .cia from a new copy. I will update with the results.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rebuilt the .cia from a matching new .3ds and everything is working fine now. It must have been rebuilt wrong last time.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arg... It froze again. I think this time it might have been heat related since I was charging at the time and had been playing for quite a while. I guess I will just pop out the cart and try not to charge it while I play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.