Is japanese easy to learn, and where on the internet?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Delta517, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Delta517
    OP

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    So I was wondering if Japanese is hard to learn, and where on the internet I could learn it? [​IMG]

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
  3. godreborn

Member godreborn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    not really since there r quite a few characters and different pronunciations depending on how they're used. it's pretty difficult to learn from just one website, so I'd advise buying several books (grammar, kanji, kana, etc). keep a close eye on sentence structure, and u should be able to get most of the basics down. of course, the best way to learn would be to take some classes--many of which offer a full-immersion experience in which English isn't allowed.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
  5. Mazor

Member Mazor Z80 master arch

Sweden
    1. Drill hiragana and katakana (they're really easy to learn), there are various options available on the internet if you search (for instance a program I made myself).
    2. Watch fucktons of (initially subbed, then raw) anime and read fucktons of Japanase manga (initially with hiragana for all kanji, then without). Also read newspapers, Hiragana Times is a good one with hiragana for all kanji and also English translations of each article.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

I also second taking classes though, that really speeds the process up.