Suggestion Is it worth updating the Console to play fortnite?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ghost92, Jun 12, 2018.

1. itsjch

itsjch GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2016
    Australia
    Sydney
    Do not update if you want if you want cfw cold boot if 4.1.0 or lower its really not worth it the game lags like hell and is capped at 30fps even though you can mod the game to go higher fps its not recommend because its a high chance you will get perm ban on console for online. Just play the game on pc or another console.

2. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    Yes, you should. Some homebrew software also requires 5.1.0 so there's really no reason to stay on 4.1.0 at this point.
    Note that if you have linked your Epic Games account to a PSN one, you will have to create a new account and start from scratch.

I played it a few minutes ago in single-player mode and it didn't lag at all. Also I think it's very playable despite the 30 FPS cap.
    (maybe a little bit due to my ping but that happens on other platforms too)

Last edited by nastys, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper Asperger Dude

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    Valencia, Rafelbuñol
    Well technically speaking sience atmosphere is open source it is "always" been relased, just unfinished, when using hekate ctcaer to use homebrew we technically are using atmosphere too.
    But to be finished the 15 of june, i think is not possible, i mean, of the "parts" of atmosphere:
    Fusée
    Exosphère
    Thermosphère
    Stratosphère
    Troposphère
    They haven't even started to make troposphere if we go for what is in github, and it seems that none of the parts are finished, again, if we go for what is in github.
    Maybe they are hidding troposphere, maybe other parts are nearly finished and im completly wrong, but if i have to speculate, then i say is not posible for atmosphere to be relased on 15

4. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Fortnite is a game for Kids and it changed hardly from the "Original" good Battle Royal, now it is just a game to get money out of Kids xD

5. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I'm a little late but, Tbh if you are on 5.0.X then update you can't get anything more on that than the latest update. If you are on 4.1.0 or below I would stay. My friend updated and said that Fortnite looked pretty bad on the switch so far. I didn't get to see it but meh

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    If you want to play Fortnite and have no other way to play it then it might be worth it.

Personally I dont think the game is that good, so I certainly wouldn't update from 4.1 for that just yet.

PuNKeMoN likes this.
  7. ehnoah

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands

Yeah, same goes for me, I was on 3.0 but finally updated to 4.0.1 cuz 3.0 has lack of Game Support and most Homebrew work on higher anway. I still stay below 5.1 for now, but there is no 5.X required anyway atm.

8. Boomerams

Boomerams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    Seriously, what the f**k? We gotta get control of these posts as this shit be insane. I come on here almost everyday to check for important and relevant switch updates and all I am seeing these days is crap like this. READ!!!! SEARCH!!!!There are dozens of threads just like this and others that would have answered your question. Even if you have the simplest of minds you could have easily found your answer elsewhere without creating this shit post.

Respectfully,
    Forum Liberation Society

9. coppertj

coppertj GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2017
    United States
    if you wait until Friday SX OS has emunand support so you can update ur emunand and play games games without updating sysnand.

10. rad.i.kal

rad.i.kal GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    United States
    the web
    I will let the adult streamers that play know.... dang they are gonna be UPSET!

11. BakerxXxFiona

BakerxXxFiona Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    you
    You should update

PuNKeMoN likes this.
  12. PuNKeMoN

PuNKeMoN GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    United States
    The darkest depths of my mind
    THIS X 1000

Those who lack the patience don't deserve the privileges. New games aren't going anywhere.

13. kingfrost

kingfrost GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Streamers are always upset anyway aren't they? Especially Fortbite ones.

14. rad.i.kal

Nov 17, 2008
    United States
    the web
    are you in a thread for a game you don't like? Good use of time :)

15. kingfrost

kingfrost GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    No. I don't mind Fortnite to be honest. I just don't like people who their opinion is the only one that matters.

What's wrong with discourse? If they wanted an echo chamber they would have joined a Fortnite forum.

16. ehnoah

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Well they play it, cuz it generate Money :) If I had the Setup and wouldn't be lazy I would just do the same, playing Fortnite and grab some Money from Kids watching me yelling on other people and do dick emotes :P

Last edited by ehnoah, Jun 13, 2018
  17. Ghost92
    OP

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And why are not you going to search for those threads of "Search" to say it is a useless thread?

18. rad.i.kal

Nov 17, 2008
    United States
    the web
    I am unsure if you are saying i am wrong or they are? I am saying its a game for everyone, and not a one minded opinion, they are saying its a game for kids and a very one minded opinion

19. Ghost92
    OP

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Friends. Update the console and I do not regret it, because:

- Since the last time I entered the Eshop it was a desert, now there are hundreds of titles and some are free and entertaining.

- Atmosphere is a CFW, it works for all the independent versions of the OFW in which you are, since it does not do fuse checking.

- If in Hekate I could somehow disable the fuse check or patch my 4.1 backup I could use it again in EmuNand mode in the future.

- It's been a long time since I had fun again with my Console. :)

Thank you very much for the good comments and the derogatory ones can already leave this "useless thread".

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I am amused that they say that it is a game for children when making games do not children but adults who are aware that there are many gamers of all ages who love these games. I have a lot of fun !.

rad.i.kal likes this.
  20. Snowhose

Snowhose Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    I said "Atmosphere is no where near ready for a June 15th release" meaning it will not be released June 15th. If you follow Reswitched discord you can see that they'll need a few breakthroughs to be released even a month from now.