Homebrew Question Is it worth to upgrade to 7.0?

Noaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there, Im on FW 6.2 right now and i have seen that the sigpatches for 7.0 are here, Is it worth to go to a newer firmware? My main thing i do with cfw is installing games for free.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still on 5.1 or something. Purely because I can currently play every game I'd want to play on there. The next time I upgrade will be when a new game that I want requires the latest firmware.

If you're having to ask "is it worth upgrading?", the answer is probably no. If there was a good enough reason to upgrade, you probably wouldn't be asking.

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 5.1 or something. Purely because I can currently play every game I'd want to play on there. The next time I upgrade will be when a new game that I want requires the latest firmware.

If you're having to ask "is it worth upgrading?", the answer is probably no. If there was a good enough reason to upgrade, you probably wouldn't be asking.

Here I am sitting on 5.1. Patching the few games that require 6.2 and 7.0. no reason to update yet.
*Edit* unless I want better 6.2 custom themes support.

Last edited by Philliyxx,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full support? Why bother with the hassle of sifting through the sig patch fiasco which is currently the 1st page on the exploits section, switching over to atmosphere, and finding the right installer combination out of the 5-6 that are working fine <7.0?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full support? Why bother with the hassle of sifting through the sig patch fiasco which is currently the 1st page on the exploits section, switching over to atmosphere, and finding the right installer combination out of the 5-6 that are working fine <7.0?
It is full support, the installers have to update to catch up.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay on 6.2 if you didn’t update already. I only updated to 6.2 because I was having issues with patched updates not working right for me when I was on 5.1. 7.0 is really just a change in the firmware number to me.

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably won't update again till that Resident Evil pack comes out or if we get a good indie game that requires new firmware. Possibly MK11.

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably won't update again till that Resident Evil pack comes out or if we get a good indie game that requires new firmware. Possibly MK11.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE