Hacking Question is it worth to unlink your Nintendo account?

Terabvte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so it has been confirmed that when 6.0 will roll out you will no longer be able to unlink ur nintendo account, is this a way to prevent getting banned or something else?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a growing misconception. You can still unlink your Nintendo Account on firmware 6.0; the only thing that is actually different is that you cannot unlink it from your console. Rather you will have to call Nintendo to unlink it for you.

Regardless, a linked Nintendo Account has 0 bearing on whether or not you get banned or not as bans are typically applied to the console not the account. And when the console gets banned, you have to call Nintendo to unlink it anyways. The only reason I see for unlinking the Nintendo Account is if you have any purchases you wish to hold onto in the unfortunate event that your console gets banned.

Terabvte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a growing misconception. You can still unlink your Nintendo Account on firmware 6.0; the only thing that is actually different is that you cannot unlink it from your console. Rather you will have to call Nintendo to unlink it for you.

Regardless, a linked Nintendo Account has 0 bearing on whether or not you get banned or not as bans are typically applied to the console not the account. And when the console gets banned, you have to call Nintendo to unlink it anyways. The only reason I see for unlinking the Nintendo Account is if you have any purchases you wish to hold onto in the unfortunate event that your console gets banned.
oh ok thx for the reply I don't really have any purchase on my Nintendo account since I always been that cartridge guy so yeah I think I'm gonna leave it like that

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it has been confirmed that when 6.0 will roll out you will no longer be able to unlink ur nintendo account, is this a way to prevent getting banned or something else?
i would imagine if you ever plan to sell your switch, you wouldn't want it linked.

It's a bit different from what you guys are thinking. The account gets permanently linked to your Switch User.

You can still remove your User from the Switch, which would remove the Nintendo account. It seems like mostly a way of dealing with cloud saves and Nintendo's Online Subscription.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China