Hardware Is it worth the money?

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also OoT 3DS with enchanced graphics, price drop tomorrow and ability to buy GBA and NES games soon.

Also he is Aussie, so Target is the only option, but Target can be hard to find sometimes.

NIZ46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got mine on Wednesday from Asda for £169 which was the cheapest I could find. I know that the price has dropped even lower now, but I wanted the 20 free games. To which I think the 20 games will cost more than the £30 exrta I payed.
Anyway the price I payed was well worth it. I would have actually got it alot sooner if I hadn't heard all the negative 3d side effects. Zelda looks great in 2d and even better in 3d. I am one happy chappy.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes yes yes it is worth it! I have a dsl, dsi xl, and 3DS. I never use the dsl anymore except for music, and even with a smaller screen I am using the 3DS much much more than the DSI XL. You may want to wait until Sept 9 though even though the price has lowered cause you will be able to get a Red on then. To me color doesn't matter it is the machine that makes the difference but some do prefer colors.

I also have 135 hrs of playtime recorded so far since I bought it at launch.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's well worth the money, even when it was 250,-. My journal reports over 260 hours played and with the addition of 20 games that'll go up more and more, not to mention all the games that are comming out this year I want lol.

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the game-stop power-pro-card i was able to trade my ds lite for the 3ds and just paid 100 bucks, it was a sweet deal, and the system is amazing
yaynds.gif

DarrenSW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Totally. My son (loyal to Nintendo since the GBA - and he's only ten!) said he wasn't interested in upgrading from his DSi at all, but we took a gamble and got him one as a Birthday present. He hasn't put it down since
yaynds.gif
Just the AR stuff has kept him entertained - he hasn't used his Acekard 2i at all.

We got ours from Tesco. My wife had a £5 coupon from a recent promotion, and she gets 10% staff discount. So the final bill: £98.99
blink.gif
Amazing price.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i am going to be different and say no bc there is just not enough decent games out there yet (notice i said the word yet) i just hopes the games library gets better because all i am playing on my 3ds is nintendogs + cats and nothing else, i haven't even touched my other games.

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
first--> is not a ds with 3d, is a completly new handheld console...this is because you say "i still have mi ds lite" also I have the mine but I bought my 3ds at launch date and i don't have any regrets at all...I play videogames like 5 hours at day, and 3 or more are on my 3ds..

Second--> If you are asking this, you really don't want a 3ds...is awesome, and not for the 3d, I play the games without the 3d on, a just turn it on for the animation sequences, is for the improvement in graphics, funcionalities and controls thats the reason is awesome.

Third--> Maybe you should wait until Nintendo release more games, is just too few good games, I have zelda OOT, Zelda link's awakening and ghost recon (and samurai warriors, but really I lose my money, it's boring)...this are the better games for me now, i just play this games (pass 100% OOT, i'm going to pass master quest, 100% links awakening, and 75% ghost recon but i'm going to 100% in ghost recon)

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got one today for £115 from tesco. Sold my dsi and ak2i(will have to get another) have not got no 3d games yet though, skint now. still love it though.

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i do understand that there may not be enough games out there but int terms of the system itself, its really worth it, plus when i bought it, i had a deal to trade my ds lite for the 3ds for 100 bucks so i went for it..eventually more games will come out and system will be more successful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...