Is it worth returning my New 3DS for one that has FW 9.0.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Voxel, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Voxel
    OP

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Hey, guys!

Just wanted to ask a small question. Would it be worth trading in my New 3DS, which is currently on 9.9.0, for a brand new one that has FW 9.0.0 on it? I really want to use Gateway on my New 3DS so I can install CIAs onto it through a CFW.

Unless...some of you guys are working on an ARM9 exploit for 9.5.0 or higher to be able to open up the GW menu? (Ninjhax 2.0 is an exception, as it is only a usermode exploit living on ARM11 code).

Anyhow, I think I should return my New 3DS. The C-Stick is a bit out of calibration anyway, because when I move the stick down or right, it doesn't move very well. I tried to put it into sleep mode to re-calibrate it, but it was still moving quite stiff. So there's an excuse to take it back! :P

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Yes.

marc00077 likes this.
  3. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    Very doubtful you'll find one on less than 9.4 now... there's a thread on here somewhere (that I'm unable to locate right now) that lists serial numbers of 3ds's and what firmware was on it when purchased.

4. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    Was going to say the same thing. Consider time and gas as part of the costs. Sometimes its cheaper to go straight to ebay.