Hardware Is it worth purchasing a 3DS XL just for pokemon?

Borab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I used to play pokemon gold and crystal around 10 or so years ago on my gameboy color which unfortunately i don't have anymore. I recently got back into pokemon and i was wondering if it's worth getting a 3ds xl at this point just to play pokemon games?

I figured the cheapest way to do it is to get a supercard dstwo and using the gba emulator on that + lameboy i can play all the games from gen 1 to 5.

Is it worth the purchase in your opinion? because emulators simply aren't as fun as a console.

Thanks in advance.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I used to play pokemon gold and crystal around 10 or so years ago on my gameboy color which unfortunately i don't have anymore. I recently got back into pokemon and i was wondering if it's worth getting a 3ds xl at this point just to play pokemon games?

I figured the cheapest way to do it is to get a supercard dstwo and using the gba emulator on that + lameboy i can play all the games from gen 1 to 5.

Is it worth the purchase in your opinion? because emulators simply aren't as fun as a console.

Thanks in advance.
If you want to play the 6th gen as well, yes. Otherwise, just use your computer. DS emulation is good enough on most PC's. My Core 2 Duo can run every DS game pretty well, so use that as a benchmark.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IF it's just for Pokemon, why not just settle for a DS lite or if you want a bigger handheld, the DSiXL? It's cheaper and more carts are supported.

If you want to play X & Y, then you'll need a 3DS (XL).

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems to me like that's a partial answer to your question. However, if you only are interested in the GBA and lower, then go with a DS Lite and the flashcart. Maybe look for the GBA copies at your leisure.

If you want to play X &Y when they come out, then you'd need the 3DS. I like my XL, but the original is just fine and you can usually score one cheaper if you look around.

I paraphrased the posts before me, but I'd personally go with the 3DS XL, and maybe look at some of the other games for the system too. You'd probably like The Denpa Men.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you want the short answer or the long answer?

The short answer.
No.

The long answer.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Firebug2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol i did the exact same for super mario world a year ago, before the XL...i did end up with the cool zelda edition 3ds though...probably will upgrade at some point

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you like pokeymans? If so, then yes, it's worth it. If no, then no, it's not worth it.

Even if you say you're buying JUST for pokeymans now, that doesn't mean all you're ever going to do is pokeymans, particularly if you go the DSTWO route. I may have bought my GameCube just for the Resident Evil remake, but it's not like I never got any later games for it, it's just at the beginning that's all I had to start with, just for an example.

Reactions: Celice and Rydian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1