United States
If you saw my other topic, my DS Lite hinges broke
frown.gif
It's still useable but I like my stuff being perfect
tongue.gif
I don't know why they snapped..

Anyways. Here are my options:

A) Buy a new DS Lite, cost: $141.22.

B) Buy a new DSi, and a new flashcart. Cost: somewhere over $220?

C) Import a DSi for a fancy color, buy new flashcart. Cost: Over $280?

The problems with B is:

-I have to buy a new flashcart and I have no idea what is good for the DSi, help on that issue?
-No GBA slot so that would make my EZ Flash 3 in 1 useless...but I barely use it.
-Can you download DSware and play it, without buying? Or is DSware not hacked yet?
-If not, I heard DSware isn't region free and I could only download JP stuff, is this right?

The only good thing about B & C is DSware...but it doesn't look too great, just interesting at best.

---

Which one should I go with? Should I import or just buy a boring black DSi [colors suck]? I don't know much about the DSi lol.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stick with the lite IMO b/c most of the games with DSi features aren't that great. Don't buy it = don't support it = Nintendo won't try this stunt again
tongue.gif

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, when I first heard the idea, I would NEVER buy it, to be honest my little sister wanted it and my moms like yah christmas, im like if you support it, I will take it out to the street, pour gasoline on it, and burn it alive.

;D But because my DS Lite broke I guess my opinion changed. I really only wanted it for DSiware..

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why not try and get your DS fixed. Sending it off to nintendo must be cheaper then buying a new one. Not so long ago my DS Lite would randomly power off by itself. I sent it off to Nintendo even though it was out of warranty, I was willing to pay them to fix it. To my surprise they fixed it for free.
yaynds.gif

Skariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I heard in the future that for DS games you own, you could buy downloadable content for your games and that this feature is only available on the DSi. Not sure how thats gonna go , maybe similar to the xbox 360 stuff.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I pick B.. and since Acekard 2i is about 23$ and DS is about 170.. it would only cost about 210$..

Acekard 2i is good but you might want to wait for M3i.. although they are both good carts.. Acekard 2i dont support hardware upgrade (in case, nintendo block all flashcarts by having update on DSi system) while M3i does support hardware upgrade..

Buy here:
Nintendo DSi (Black)
Acekard 2i
Protectors etc. Here, Cool cases

I say if you have PSP go get a GBA emu somewhere..

P.S. That's all my personal preferred stuff.. you could buy someplace else if you wish to
biggrin.gif

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, so 2 on B, 1 for A.

I have a PSP, I guess your right for the GBA stuff
tongue.gif

Maybe I will get a DSi after all, but can you download DSware or is that stuff not functional [yet]?

When is M3i coming out?

And I'm not going to try and argue with Nintendo about fixing it. I doubt they would do it for free. When I sent my Wii in with a special case, they wouldn't put the special case back on
sleep.gif
...even when I requested to...

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's coming out this month but i don't know exactly when.. I heard you can pre-order them in gamekool.com site.. but I don't have much information about it
smile.gif
The pre-ordered M3i will be delivered to you by July 10th because thats when M3i will be released to them..

Here: pre-order M3i
M3i

Heres what the site says..
QUOTE said:
# 04.07.2009:First batch of M3i Zero is confirmed to arrive gamekool on July,10th.Pre-order will ship out then.

About DSware well i can't tell you much about it since i never used it although i have DSi with me.. I don;t know how purchase of DSi points works.. but to be honest.. im not really a fan of DSwares.. just wait.. there's probability that someone would hack those away and will be used free.. but not sure
smile.gif

So just you know, i scratch my new DSi screen.. and bought a new one.. haha I know im crazy..
smile.gif

EDIT: the question if you can download DSi wares, Yes, you can download them.. and you get 1000 DSi points free by purchasing a DSi.. a game actually cost about 200 to about 500 each.. there are some DSi wares that could come free... like internet browser
smile.gif

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I meant download as...from sites, not paying with points, and use them on the flash cart...but I think you said no as you said "eventually it will be hacked and free just wait etc."

Is the screen easily scratched? I have a protector for the top, not the bottom...

M3i, pre-order heh? I'm going with a DSi hmmm, I'd have to order a case...How's the amura steel cases?

New DSi [$180], M3i + 8gb [I only have 2, I want a bigger size ($50+?)], Case [$20]...Hmm Pricey haha.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Still people are thinking about the negatives of the DSi.

Pros: Matt Finish (No sweaty palms or fingerprints)
It's Lighter and thinner
It's got a 17% bigger screen (doesn't seem like much, but it much better to look at then a lite or phat)
DSiware
Plays music, and photos
Browses the internet for free
SD Card Storage
Upgradable firmware (can work both ways)

Cons: No GBA/GBC support
Camera Is Gimickey
Some people already have, a digital camera, mp3/ipod player, Nintendo DS
Specific flash carts are needed
Most DSiware is shovelware
DSi hybrid/enhanced games are also shovelware
Pricey
Region locked firmware

If you can repair your DS lite for under $110 or free do it.
If you must pay a high price for a repair, get a DSi or another lite.

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh im sorry.. it wasnt DSi that i scratch it was a DS lite.. i was so addicted on guitar hero that time.. but when i get it scratched i bought a DSi..
smile.gif
and no it couldnt be easily scratched as long as you play safe.. just to protect ur DSi just put every protectors there is.. put screens on bottom because that is where its mostly scratched..
biggrin.gif

and about DSi wares well i cant assure that there will be... but i can only say that no one could stop piracy.. as for my experience that is..
smile.gif
I dont think you could download them on sites.. YET..
smile.gif

pre-ordering M3i isnt a bad idea.. but i prefer you wait..
smile.gif
I am too is waiting.. i do have acekard 2i and will most likely to buy M3i soon
smile.gif

I just ordered the cases.. it will come soon i hope.. at the meantime i cant tell you about em..

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, going with the DSi or lite...not really sure, probably the DSi >_>

@ Destroyer: Haha I see, I once scratched my PSP2000, bought one, returned old one, etc. etc.
tongue.gif
But yah, until I know what I'm doing, I'm not pre-ordering it. Hmmm...

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea if i were you im going with DSi.. im planning to buy PSP too soon.. in that way i can play some old games such as ps, gba, gbc, nes, snes and such lol.. im not planning to buy PSP 3000 though i heard some emu dont work well on it.. im going to go with PSP slim version..

I just tried playing with mp3 songs (converted to aac ofcourse) with one of the feature of DSi and its hell fun
smile.gif

DarkAdamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way I am getting rid of my DS Lite yet. I would really miss the GBA slot. I have a Psp (modded of course) but I actually play my DS so much more.

I know you can play the GBA games on the Psp but I still like having the choice of GBA or DS games in one system. I have a friend that just got a DS Lite off of Ebay for $80 shipped.

If your DS Lite is in good cosmetic shape I would investigate repairing your unit. You can get total replacement cases on EBay for about $25 dollars. They are third party but I just put one together for a friends daughter and it looks great. She wanted a Orange One.

If I grab a DSi it will be when Nintendo releases their next system and DSi is going for cheap. I will still keep my Ds Lite, even then. Oh, I also have a GBA Micro and I won't give that up either.
Hope this helps.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend the dsi, I bought one after my lite had a hinge crack as well. At first I did not like the idea of the dsi, but after playing around with it I have to say I believe it has a lot of potential that the lite did not. And the acekard 2i is not a bad card because it ihas been said that it can be updated if nintendo does ever block the new cards, but with the new anti-piracy coming out I do not believe they would do that.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha damn this is a really hard choice, invest in a DSi [$200 + $56.95 + $20?] = $276.95...

Or just get a DSlite...$141.22...I kinda wanna go with this because it's cheaper but :/ DSi has potential eh?...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on