Hacking Is it worth it to buy an Acekard to play pokemon HGSS?

themockingbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 and I'm not sure when a patch will come out for the game, if ever, or will be compatible w/ the R4. Do you guys think it's worth 24$ or so to buy the acekard? Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Nathan576

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, an acecard 2i is cheaper than HGSS anyways. I ordered mine yesterday with first class shipping. I'm expecting it tomorrow
smile.gif

themockingbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any other strong feature of having an acekard besides being able to play pokemon? from the videos i've seen of the acekard, it just seems to have a few convenience features (trimming, cut, copy, paste, etc)

good point elixirdream
biggrin.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themockingbird said:
is there any other strong feature of having an acekard besides being able to play pokemon? from the videos i've seen of the acekard, it just seems to have a few convenience features (trimming, cut, copy, paste, etc)

good point elixirdream
biggrin.gif
Yea , but it not like *cough better cart like the m3i zero cough* wouldn't be able to play them too.

Johnlennonjumped

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if the akiao team stop updating it and stuff

i don't know I have an r4 (got it a while back before it was bad) I have no money so im not upgrading just going to wait out for the patch and Play FFXIII

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Johnlennonjumped said:

i don't know I have an r4 (got it a while back before it was bad) I have no money so im not upgrading just going to wait out for the patch and Play FFXIII

QUOTEwhat if the akiao team stop updating it and stuff

You could say that about any card, what if they stop updating? The acekard is open source afaik so it has more chance of getting unoffcial firmware if the team dies.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Johnlennonjumped said:

the impression that normmatt gives me.. it doesn't sound like he will stop updating...
if someone post a crack 1.6, maybe akaio will be dead for good

its your call
smile.gif

by the hows FF13
smile.gif

Johnlennonjumped

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
Johnlennonjumped said:

QUOTE said:

You could say that about any card, what if they stop updating? The acekard is open source afaik so it has more chance of getting unoffcial firmware if the team dies.
that is true and it was one of the first cards to get an update after the AP problems with HG/SS

I say if you got the money, do it!
gbasp.gif

elixirdream said:
QUOTE(Johnlennonjumped @ Mar 23 2010, 10:08 AM)

the impression that normmatt gives me.. it doesn't sound like he will stop updating...
if someone post a crack 1.6, maybe akaio will be dead for good

its your call
smile.gif

by the hows FF13
smile.gif
awesome the battle system is fun, even though vanille is so annoying, only about 4 to 5 hours in though, got it over the weekend on the 360, great visuals, even though people made a big deal about the Ps3 vs 360 thing
yay.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah, you shouldn't do that.

You should buy the actual game ^^! It doesn't make sense to buy a flashcart for one game that you can just buy anyway. And you should buy.

Johnlennonjumped

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Nah, you shouldn't do that.

You should buy the actual game ^^! It doesn't make sense to buy a flashcart for one game that you can just buy anyway. And you should buy.

HUH he is going to pay $24 for a card that he can play a bunch of games

why would he pay $39.99 for a game and a little toy pedometer

gbasp.gif

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
themockingbird said:
I have an R4 and I'm not sure when a patch will come out for the game, if ever, or will be compatible w/ the R4. Do you guys think it's worth 24$ or so to buy the acekard? Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Can't you just get it at DealExtreme for like $12.97 + free shipping? It might take longer though, but it's cheaper!

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themockingbird said:

nope, you shouldnt just by HG/SS, you should cause all games with the same AP will be playable on the Acekard without problems, thats why you should, not just a game. Many of them instead lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol