Is it worth it to buy a EZ 3-1?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by dgwillia, Aug 22, 2008.

Aug 22, 2008
  1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Just curious if games like pokemon emerald (etc) can link up with pokemon diamond/pearl, or anything like that.

2. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, the GBA uses a link cable to connect while the DS uses wireless. Neither supports the other. I could be wrong though! But getting a 3-in-1 isn't so bad as now both your systems can play GBA so you if you wanted to go out but bring only your DS, you'd still have GBA games at your disposal. Also, the EZFlash 3-in-1 comes with the rumble feature which some might fun a good enhancement for certain game/gameplay.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I think he's referring to the linkup between the DS Pokemon games and the GBA Pokemon games, in which you can transfer them to the DS games after a certain point in the storyline. The 3in1 can do it, but it will require some patching of Diamond/Pearl, possibly the GBA games as well. It is possible though, I know that much.

4. unknownworlder

Member unknownworlder GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I highly doubt you have to patch it because if you flashed it in NOR, then it will be like a regular GBA cartridge. Diamond or Pearl should be able to detect it anyway. If you flashed it in PSRAM, you can't.

5. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Just curious, but is the EZ Flash 3 in 1 the better investment than the EZ Flash IV if I have a regular GBA SP? Also, does the EZ Flash load GBA ROMS from the microSD card?

6. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The ezflash IV can load from different "sd card" but some of them use different media dont know which exactly , but there is a good change you can find what you are looking for at ezflash.sosuke.com .

If im not mistaken that is where you can also readup on the pokemon stuff [​IMG] the stuff is stickied [​IMG]

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    with rudolph's gba exploader you can flash gba roms from your slot1 to your slot2 3-in-1 from ANY slot1 flash kit. don't buy an ezflash kit just because they have compatable firmware. akaio on the acekards also supports direct firmware flashing.

-another world

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If all you have is a GBA SP, then the 3in1 would be 100% useless to you. It's an expansion pack meant to be used alongside a slot-1 device in a DS. Get the EZ-IV in that case. However, if you mostly use your DS and sometimes want to play on the GBA SP, then the 3in1 could work as long as you get the right size. You'd flash the game to the 3in1's NOR flash on your DS, then take it out and put it in your GBA for playing.

9. wildfire95

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just use the PSP.. =\