Is it worth it getting a PS4.5 when you have a standard 1080p HD TV?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by jDSX, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jDSX
    OP

jDSX Is a furry

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    Just wanted to know if you would notice the graphical difference of a PS4.5 displaying on a non 4K 1080p HD TV?

Would it be worth it for people who don't have a 4K tv?

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    if you have the cash and can do a trade in yes, people dont realise it but you're not playing at 60 FPS this newer console should be able to handle it. Also it's good to point out that the new PS4 can handle 4K Video and images not output 4k gameplay.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Maybe for new exclusive features but you wouldn't take advantage of 4K content on a 1080p TV and correct me if I'm wrong, but could PS4 actually have native 4K developed games than upscaled?

*sigh* PS4's so lacking in the quality library of games that PS3 had. Sony's just more into making more PS4 models without thinking of exclusives which are the reason that makes it worth (otherwise multiplatforms could be played on PC and period).

We'll probably not see a MotorStorm game any time soon because the development team behind it was shutdown by Sony. :( Sucky gen. :(

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Correct they will be upscaled which isn't horrible but still doesn't compare to a mid tier graphics card :P

5. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The graphics of last-gen still amuse me so I wouldn't be too wowed anymore and especially when the visuals/art looks beautiful regardless of which gen the game came out for.

Here's an example: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (GBA)

[​IMG]

Beautiful artwork. TMNT3 on the DS is just as good but if you die once you start right at the first part of the stage. Kind of a big deal breaker but still pretty fun. :)