1. Moon164

OP Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Hey guys, I don't know if I can post this here (if I can't, I'll delete the post as soon as I can)

I've been trying to make videos comparing aspects of one game with another, I decided to start my first video with Temtem and Pokémon Let's Go, I know it didn't look so good, but I really hope you like it.

I love Pokémon, but recently the last games that came out left me a little upset, recently I met an MMORPG called Temtem that is basically a '' Pokémon MMORPG '', at first glance I thought it would just be a generic Pokémon clone, but when i took a chance i ended up loving the game and am currently having more fun with it than with the latest Pokémon games, I really wonder if Pokémon Let's Go should cost $ 60, the game is basically a reboot of Pokémon Yellow that was a Game Boy game that cost $ 35 and it has less content than FireRed / LeafGreen which also cost less.

I think Temtem has a lot of potential, Crema is really striving to offer the best possible experience for players and is currently even listening to the feedback from the staff, something I wanted to see GameFreak doing, Temtem will be released for the Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox One in 2021 at the official launch and will feature cross-play and possibly cross-save / cross-progression, I really hope it will be successful on the consoles, although I have my doubts whether it will be successful on the Switch as it has Pokémon as competition.

I am currently playing Early-Acess on the PC and intend to migrate to PS4 as soon as it launches and you, what do you think ?, do you intend to play Temtem ?, do you think Pokémon is too expensive for what it has to offer today?

2. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    No. Temtem is a joke in every aspect. To quote my post from the other thread:

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Moon164

Brazil
    Wow, you really must hate the game to repeat it so many times and I even came in the post for Xbox One to say the same thing.

4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It's just an incredibly poorly designed Pokémon rip off. Not in general concept either, they copy a crap ton from Pokémon. They could have easily made a Pokémon inspired monster catching game, but they chose to copy a ton pf mechanics from Pokémon.

They could've had something like tournaments instead of taking the 8 gym concept from Pokémon and just renaming it. They did the same with Pokémon Centers too. Right down to a 6 slot machine where you put the Temcards into to heal.

They could've used a more standard 4 character party (in this case monsters) system that just about every JRPG uses. Especially since the battle system is 2v2.

They could've come up with an alternate way of capturing Temtems besides using cards that function identically to Pokéballs. Maybe give them a specific item their species likes, maybe some sort of SMT inspired negotiation, or a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon inspired recruiting mechanic. Instead they decided to just obviously rip off the main catching mechanic of Pokémon when there are a lot of ideas for taming creatures.

They could've had better side quests too instead of just fetch quests or catching/releasing x number of Temtem.

They could've actually had some sort of multiplayer function, like dungeons where you fight really strong Temtem, maybe exclusive ones you have to run the dungeon for.

I wanted to like Temtem, but the developers seem to be incompetent. There should've been way more content at launch, and they shouldn't have to split updates into several smaller updates (seriously a new island update didn't have to be divided, the game is already pretty empty feeling). They should've already been working on that before the game launched. But that should've been in the game already anyway. It has less content than free to play games (seriously, there are a lot of better free and cheap MMOs) and games costing significantly less. The game's dead. It only took a couple months for it to die too, because Crema doesn't know how an MMO works. To keep people playing you need a good amount of content and group content that makes it worth playing. Games like Pokémon don't have to worry about this because they're not MMOs, and a lot of the fun is in capturing, battling, and trading Pokémon. But Temtem has a stupid breeding system, crappy battle system that encourages using weak moves and drawing the battles out, and very few obtainable Temtem, and no group content for an MMO.

5. Moon164

Brazil
    Well, each one with their opinion, Temtem is just a game that is in Early-Access yet, nor was it released officially and has several functions that are still planned, I think it's too early to criticize him that much, a lot can change until he officially launches. ( they even have a suggestion area just for that, to see what people want and maybe add to the game )

But I've been having a lot of fun with it, even more than I have had fun with Pokémon since 2016, in my opinion it is already worth the price, but I know that not everyone will think like me.

So, I don't judge you for thinking that way, I hate Pokémon Sword / Shield for example and I think it's one of the worst games in the series and it just made me realize how much GameFreak doesn't give a damn to the consumer, but I think Pokémon Black2 / White2 the best in the series so far, but I know that not everyone will think the same way I do.

The point is that I am loving Temtem and I hope it will be quite successful when it officially launches and on Pokémon, I hope GameFreak will re-see its actions and use that to improve the games and give what the fans want.

Last edited by Moon164, Aug 6, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon, Temtem, buying