Gaming Is it worth buying a Wii U in 2020 even if I already own a switch?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep by the time you pay tax the cheapest one on there will cost over $300 used.

More like $200 on Ebay but that still means you got a steal.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 194

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Jayinem81 Not sure where you got your calculations from (the screenshot you showed doesn't seem to be eBay) but here in EU a used Wii U gets sold for something in between 75 and 150 € (eBay prices). I for myself got my (used) Wii U (with gamepad, Wiimote, nunchuck, games and more) for 80 €... Also no need to pay any taxes (except "Mehrwertsteuer" which you as a customer also don't need to care about) as long as you stay in the same tax region. Now if you import a japan unit to EU or a EU unit to US you ofc. have to pay taxes but why would you do that?

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: jeannotte

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jayinem81 Not sure where you got your calculations from (the screenshot you showed doesn't seem to be eBay) but here in EU a used Wii U gets sold for something in between 75 and 150 € (eBay prices). I for myself got my (used) Wii U (with gamepad, Wiimote, nunchuck, games and more) for 80 €... Also no need to pay any taxes (except "Mehrwertsteuer" which you as a customer also don't need to care about) as long as you stay in the same tax region. Now if you import a japan unit to EU or a EU unit to US you ofc. have to pay taxes but why would you do that?

I said Ebay is more like $200 Amazon is $300 (all you had to do was go back to the end of the last page to understand the conversation was about Amazon and I just added in that Ebay was cheaper). Just because your country doesn't pay taxes America pays taxes now for all online purchases. So stay in your line don't think that every country is the same is my advice.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    360 KB · Views: 114

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I said Ebay is more like $200 Amazon is $300 (all you had to do was go back to the end of the last page to understand the conversation was about Amazon and I just added in that Ebay was cheaper).
I did follow the conversation but seems like you can't remember what yourself said:
USD $300 for used Wii U on Ebay
So stay in your line don't think that every country is the same is my advice.
For real? This is probably the first time a US citizen says that to a EU citizen... For all guys reading this: Mark that point in history!

//EDIT: Do you even realize that the OP is no US citizen, so the US "taxes for all online purchases" law doesn't apply? He's also no EU citizen so who of us is trying to force-apply his own country law to the rest of the world? ... Thanks for the great laugh before going to bed...

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: E1ite007

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an honest mistake I meant amazon, at least I wasn't so narrowminded to say you can just "ignore taxes" yeah I'm sure they're just listed there and you can just ignore them lmao. Speaking of ignore I'm about to use that feature.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
at least I wasn't so narrowminded to say you can just "ignore taxes"
Where exactly did I say you can ignore taxes? All I sayd was you as a customer don't have to care about "Mehrwertsteuer". That's because you always pay that tax as it's already included in what you see on eBay (or on any other store. Say an apple is marked as 1 €, then it really costs 0,81 € and the rest is "Mehrwetsteuer". Still you don't have to care as nobody writes out the costs without that tax), no need to pay anything more than what you see on eBay...

//EDIT:
Speaking of ignore I'm about to use that feature.
Great decision, at least for me. :P Hope you're going to ignore me on GitHub & co, too, so you can't make stupid bug reports for my (not yet released) homebrews or anything like that.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: E1ite007
D

Deleted User

I would have said it depends on what you want to do with it. I feel we`re very short way from getting a LOT more running then those mentioned. Just give it time.

More and more we`re unlocking the machine & get rewards for doing it.

Broduskii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want/like some sort of "I wanna play almost every Nintendo consoles" in one device, yeah, the Wii U comes ideal if it's hacked. From NES to Wii U (home consoles) and GameBoy to Nintendo DS (no multiplayer+no DSi) everything is great/plausible native played or emulated. With retroarch, a world of emulation can be expanded to another devices/consoles with the cross-platform netplay. I used to play multiplayer NES, SNES and arcade games via netplay between my Wii U-Switch or Wii U-Vita and it was pretty fun.
Behind scenes devs are still doing great things for the Wii U homebrew and I'm sure good stuff is coming for this fantastic console.
I have yet to try the netplay but it sounds awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs