Gaming Is it weird that I poured more hours into F2P games than other games?

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was checking the garbage Nintendo Switch Parental Control App because I was curious to check how many hours I played and, beside spending as much time gaming as a freshly depressed man looking to escape some reality, I noticed that I've been playing a lot of Free to play games. I poured more than 300 hours in Arena of Valor and Dawn of the Breakers, which is almost double of my playtime with all the other games I purchased. All I did was buying a skin on AoV but I haven't spent anything on the other game.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's not like I don't have anything else to play. I still need to finish the story mode of Puyo Puyo. As of upcoming titles, I'm waiting for Nintendo to put the next Smash Bros on preorders so I can pay for it digitally already, but I'm not looking forward for anything else, other than that.

Reactions: TheMCNerd2017

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The game I've played the most is Dota 2.
The second game was Counter-Strike when it was a free mod for half-life.
I dunno how many years i've spent playing these two games combined.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope its not weird.
I would guess that you are part of the target audience for those games.The fact that you got em for free doesn't change the fact that you enjoy it is all

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poured about 120hrs to metroid federation force and Triforce Heroes each, games people hated. but they were fun and extremely difficult

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope its not weird.
I would guess that you are part of the target audience for those games.The fact that you got em for free doesn't change the fact that you enjoy it is all
Feels like a waste though. I could have not gotten all the other games and I wouldn't mind that much XD

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F2P games are designed to be played "forever", and maybe keep stealing some player's money along the way. Usually with some daily free currency incentives that keeps you playing when its otherwise pointless and you've seen it all before. There aren't too many single-player experiences like this on Switch (compared to the ever-growing "games as a service" thing AAA multi-plats are doing on other systems.)

Been stuck on Hearthstone for like two years and finally about done with it. Very good value for time (infinite free drafts) but now I'd rather get back to actual fresh experiences and stories than get stuck in that kind of loop again. You do whatever you like though.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: TheMCNerd2017

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid $2.00 for Garry's Mod and I put a lot of hours into it. Price doesn't really indicate how much you come to enjoy it.

wwejqgu.png

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Not really. I've had a lot of friends who poured like hundreds if not thousands of hours on f2p mobas like lol or dota2. Videogames is all about enjoyment and if you enjoy these types of games then I don't see anything weird about that.

Last edited by Paulsar99,

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-10-20_23-32-33.png

I probably had around 1000 hours through the original game client (Before the game was added to steam).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs