Hacking Is it true the IPlayer is too wide to fit in the DS properly?

elmoreas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it true that because of the IPlayers added decoder chip that it is too wide to fit in the DS/DSL/DSi properly? And that it can get stuck or jammed? I heard that getting it out can damage the pins on it (scratch them deeply), and that the covering sheet over the front of the card and its decoder chip can come off (ruining the card with no way to fix it), or worse yet that it can damage the DS pins and slot. Is any of this true. I trust the source who told me this as he has one and had all this happen to him with his; But I wondered if he just got a bad IPlayer card or if this is indicitive of all IPlayers? Thanks in advance to those that answer.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had no troubles with iPlayer and my DSi Console. Admittedly the cart is a bit chunky but it always ejects ok. I've been it using to play GBA games since I got the review sample back last July. I do treat all my carts with kid gloves, so bare that in mind.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasper07 said:
Well it's a bit... fat. But it goes in and out without any problems.
Hahahaha... ooh Mr Gimlet!

finbarr%20saunders%20viz.jpg

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had one for several months.
Never noticed the difference until looking at it after reading the original post.
It IS a shade larger than a retail cartridge, but I have never encountered any insetion or removal issues with either my DSL or DSi.

Just goes to show what you can learn by hanging around here, always thought it was a compliant size.

I am very happy with the cartridge, it functions well in its' advertised capabilities. Go for it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.