Android Is it true that...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've read somewhere that Samsung doesn't bother updating their older/cheaper android phones, such as Galaxy Mini, Galaxy Ace and only updates the expensive/up-to-date ones like Galaxy S II.

Is it true?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Dter ic said:
well even if they don't there will always be custom roms like cyanogen or MIUI
I don't really use custom roms but one question... will it void the warranty?

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
yes, it will bt you can just restore the rom back to the pne that shipped with your device (not applicable with the galaxy S 2)

What do you mean by not applicable to Galaxy S II? Do you mean that we can't restore the Stock rom? Or do you mean we can not install modded roms?
As I own a Galaxy S II and I can do both. New update for Galaxy S II, 2.3.4 is out now btw.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
kotaro_14 said:
Dter ic said:
yes, it will bt you can just restore the rom back to the pne that shipped with your device (not applicable with the galaxy S 2)

What do you mean by not applicable to Galaxy S II? Do you mean that we can't restore the Stock rom? Or do you mean we can not install modded roms?
As I own a Galaxy S II and I can do both. New update for Galaxy S II, 2.3.4 is out now btw.

even if you manage to restore the kernal/rom there is a hidden counter that is hidden inside the phone, whenever you flash the phone with odin with say, a Rom then samsung can check the counter and if it exceeds 0 then samsung can say that you have voided your warranty by using a unoffical ROM/kernal

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Originality said:
Clever. It's a method that prolly saves them a lot in service costs.

yeah, but to make things worse (for people that like to flash roms) there is a way to reset the flashing counter but there is another counter that counts how many times you reset that counter. (f that makes any sense)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Dter ic said:
Originality said:

yeah, but to make things worse (for people that like to flash roms) there is a way to reset the flashing counter but there is another counter that counts how many times you reset that counter. (f that makes any sense)

can you not reset the counter that counts how many resets the first counter has done?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
Dter ic said:
Originality said:

can you not reset the counter that counts how many resets the first counter has done?

i believe they (xda community) are still trying to find the file that manages the counter.
wink2.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Well I'll counter your counter that prevents me using this trap card that counts how many times I use counter spells to counter your own spell of countering my counter. All that's missing is an Egyptian god card or 3.

Do you think someone in Samsung might be into children's card games?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Originality said:
Well I'll counter your counter that prevents me using this trap card that counts how many times I use counter spells to counter your own spell of countering my counter. All that's missing is an Egyptian god card or 3.

Do you think someone in Samsung might be into children's card games?

roflol! Very true. They need to come up with a more sustainable way, or sooner or later these phones will be 1% phone 99% counters.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i heard the galaxy series like the first samsung galaxy will get the 2.3 gingerbread and that is kinda old , almost one year.maybe the phones that don't get the update , lack the specs or etc.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
Dter ic said:
Originality said:

No, because it's counters all the way down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night