Is it true that USBloader isnt compatible with most SDHC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by takun32, Jul 24, 2010.

1. takun32
    OP

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have a Panasonic 4gig SDHC. I don't know about the compatibility. would someone care to tell me if this is 100% confirmed that any Panasonic sdhc will not work with usb loader gx? I know the most recommended ones are Kingston and even Sandisk

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Why.Don't.You.Try.It? It won't start a nuclear war if it fails, gosh... [​IMG]

Btw, it doesn't depend on the Loader if the card works, it depends on the library used to compile the loader (libFAT, as far as I know). If it doesn't work with one Homebrew, there's a very, very high chance it won't work with all other Homebrew too.*

*I'm asuming you want to use the card to store Covers, etc. on it, and not load games from it. That would be another story (and you would have to switch to CFG-Loader for that)...

Oh, btw, here's a Tip: Don't use USBLoader GX.

3. takun32
    OP

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Try what? If your talking about the Kingston and Sandisk, well I only have 2gigs(I'm currently using a kingston for the time being) for kingston, and I'm trying to find a solution for the panasonic 4gig that I have. I've tried other Homebrews, and they seem to load up pretty fine. It's just that USBloader is the only one not recognizing the card.

btw why don't you recommend USBloader GX? And yes, I'm using the SD card to store images and configs. I am in no way using it for storing games.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Everything on Wii has a different sdhc compatibitly. If your HBC reads the card it doesn't mean your generic homebrew reads it. If BootMii can create a nand backup on it, it doesn't mean you can load games from it.

You have to try it, and i would say the used cIOS is a factor that can change the compatibility. Also note that some loaders need the sd card inserted before the loader is booted. (oh and some might have totally broken sdhc compatibilty, NeoGamma's status on sdhcs is unknown)

5. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I use a sandisk 16gb card and it works fine with USB loader GX and other USB loaders!