Hardware Is it true that micro SD cards over 32 gigabytes have issues on a hacked 3DS?

mysamdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some issues, such as slower load times in some cases and a few CIA managers crashing with SD cards greater than 99 gigabytes. However, the slowdown isn't really that bad and only happens in a few places, and FBI handles large cards just fine.

D

Deleted User

I've had no issues with a brandless cheap 128gb MicroSD on my N3DS, formatted to Fat32 at 32k allocation unit size.
arm9loaderhax + Luma3DS

Last edited by ,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Get a well known brand like sandisk or Samsung brands and you'll be fine. Also, devmenu and bbm are the only ones with issues of booting with 99gb or more free space. Use fbi 2.0 or higher.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
It really depends on the card. I had some issues with really high end (Professional 1000x) 128 GB Lexar cards early this year, but a cheaper 64 GB Lexar worked fine. I recently got a 128 GB Samsung(?) Pro+ that's been running okay too but I haven't given it much of a workout yet.

(Probably the really fast card either needed more power or produced more heat than the 3DS could deal with).

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Using a 128gb Samsung evo+ on a n3ds and it's fine. Filled about 60gb of cia installs and get the odd arm9 payload taking longer to fully boot than normal sometimes but functionality wise, it's been fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg