Hacking Is it true Flashcarts and Action Replay will void 3DS warranty??

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Action replay will NOT void your warranty. However using a gateway card may - provided you send it to nintendo with 10 homebrew apps installed.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/121806

Is this true? And if it is true, does Action Replay, or Flashcarts (Sky3DS) leave any traces?

I'm assuming they are saying this to discourage people from doing so, as I don't think those leave any evidence..
4 year old news article and rumor that was never substantiated.

Now, if you modify/brick your nand with hax, nintendo will know and of course your warranty will be void. They will not intentionally brick your system though. Action Replay will not void your console warranty lol. It just mods cart save files.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 year old news article and rumor that was never substantiated.

Now, if you modify/brick your nand with hax, nintendo will know and of course your warranty will be void. They will not intentionally brick your system though. Action Replay will not void your console warranty lol. It just mods cart save files.
Sky3ds wont also right? Even if it supposedly does, theres no way to track it right?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Sky3ds wont also right? Even if it supposedly does, theres no way to track it right?
Many security experts say it can be detected and blocked. There's also the problem of the roms not having unique ids.
I think anybody who fears sky3ds induced bricking is being fanatical, but online/nnid bans could happen.

Still, imo, that's unlikely because most 3ds users are youngsters and the big N is afraid of a mob of angry parents wondering why the hell their sons system isn't working anymore. This could evolve into a legal/pr issue and Nintendo is deathly afraid of those.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, Sky3DS looks just like a legit cart to the 3DS, and doesn't leave any traces. I would still use private headers on offline games to make sure that the 3DS doesn't keep track of those somewhere, either now or in a future update.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any unauthorized device, cart, dongle, will void the warranty
nintendo finding evidence you ran such devices is another issue anyway

Reactions: genericuser

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt they can find out if you used things like this as long as you fully reset your system.

IIRC, Sky3DS looks just like a legit cart to the 3DS, and doesn't leave any traces. I would still use private headers on offline games to make sure that the 3DS doesn't keep track of those somewhere, either now or in a future update.

Yup, it imitates a real cart but you must use private headers or risk a ban.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt they can find out if you used things like this as long as you fully reset your system.

Yup, it imitates a real cart but you must use private headers or risk a ban.
You mean AR Powersaves and Sky3DS will leave evidence if I don't reset my system? You sure about that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Am I allowed to use headers from my offline game? Also, can I use the same header for all my games, or do they keep track of it and cause suspicion?

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean AR Powersaves and Sky3DS will leave evidence if I don't reset my system? You sure about that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Am I allowed to use headers from my offline game? Also, can I use the same header for all my games, or do they keep track of it and cause suspicion?

No I don't mean they will leave evidence, no one knows though I highly doubt it. What I mean is if you reset there is no chance of anything being left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over