Is it true Flashcarts and Action Replay will void 3DS warranty??

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ichigo1000, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/121806

Is this true? And if it is true, does Action Replay, or Flashcarts (Sky3DS) leave any traces?

I'm assuming they are saying this to discourage people from doing so, as I don't think those leave any evidence..

2. mrolive

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Action replay will NOT void your warranty. However using a gateway card may - provided you send it to nintendo with 10 homebrew apps installed.

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    4 year old news article and rumor that was never substantiated.

Now, if you modify/brick your nand with hax, nintendo will know and of course your warranty will be void. They will not intentionally brick your system though. Action Replay will not void your console warranty lol. It just mods cart save files.

4. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    Sky3ds wont also right? Even if it supposedly does, theres no way to track it right?

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Many security experts say it can be detected and blocked. There's also the problem of the roms not having unique ids.
    I think anybody who fears sky3ds induced bricking is being fanatical, but online/nnid bans could happen.

Still, imo, that's unlikely because most 3ds users are youngsters and the big N is afraid of a mob of angry parents wondering why the hell their sons system isn't working anymore. This could evolve into a legal/pr issue and Nintendo is deathly afraid of those.

6. otto888

otto888 I break things for a living.

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    IIRC, Sky3DS looks just like a legit cart to the 3DS, and doesn't leave any traces. I would still use private headers on offline games to make sure that the 3DS doesn't keep track of those somewhere, either now or in a future update.

7. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    any unauthorized device, cart, dongle, will void the warranty
    nintendo finding evidence you ran such devices is another issue anyway

genericuser likes this.
  8. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    I highly doubt they can find out if you used things like this as long as you fully reset your system.

Yup, it imitates a real cart but you must use private headers or risk a ban.

9. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    You mean AR Powersaves and Sky3DS will leave evidence if I don't reset my system? You sure about that?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Am I allowed to use headers from my offline game? Also, can I use the same header for all my games, or do they keep track of it and cause suspicion?

10. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    No I don't mean they will leave evidence, no one knows though I highly doubt it. What I mean is if you reset there is no chance of anything being left.