Gaming Is it still worth getting an xbox 360 in 2019?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone.
I have been thinking of getting an Xbox 360 or PS3 recently, pretty much just to softmod it and play Skate 2 and 3.
Right now I'm thinking that i'd be better to get an Xbox because I think it's easier to softmod, but I've never had one either one so I don't really know.
Is there anything important I need to know before getting one?
Thank you for reading.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.
I have been thinking of getting an Xbox 360 or PS3 recently, pretty much just to softmod it and play Skate 2 and 3.
Right now I'm thinking that i'd be better to get an Xbox because I think it's easier to softmod, but I've never had one either one so I don't really know.
Thank you for reading.

There's no softmod for the 360. So if that's your plan, then forget the 360.

Closest you get to a softmod is flashing the drive, but that still means taking it to bits and then depending on the drive, buying extra hardware.

Not sure where you got the idea that the 360 is easier. Microsoft locked it down tight.

Reactions: legoinventeor

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also got a XBOX 360 from my Friend, it's almost new condition but It will probably catch dust.
I guess it's more worth to buy games for it then investing in any softmods. I still have some left over.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There's no softmod for the 360. So if that's your plan, then forget the 360.

Closest you get to a softmod is flashing the drive, but that still means taking it to bits and then depending on the drive, buying extra hardware.

Not sure where you got the idea that the 360 is easier. Microsoft locked it down tight.
Do you think getting a ps3 is better? I honesty won't need it for much, probably just one or two games you cant play on the WiiU edit: and some homebrew

Last edited by legoinventeor,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you think getting a ps3 is better? I honesty won't need it for much, probably just one or two games you cant play on the WiiU
I have both, it's good to have both since both have their exclusives that only run those systems. Ps3 is easier to mod these days but games that run on both systems usually run better on the 360 and have way better frametiming

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have both, it's good to have both since both have their exclusives that only run those systems. Ps3 is easier to mod these days but games that run on both systems usually run better on the 360 and have way better frametiming
All ps3 can be softmodded on the latest firmware. Go with the ps3

Humanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone.
Thank you for reading.
It is worth someone buying one for me, yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All ps3 can be softmodded on the latest firmware. Go with the ps3
I can softmod my old PS3?! ???

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does memory capacity matter a lot in these? I found a ps3 original but with the games I like but It might not have enough memory. How quickly will I need a hard drive?

Last edited by legoinventeor,

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wouldn't it be better to get a original ps3 with a hard drive to make sure it's a model that can be Jailbroken?

Wouldn't it be better to get a original ps3 with an extra hard drive to make sure it's a model that can be Jailbroken?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be better to get a original ps3 with a hard drive to make sure it's a model that can be Jailbroken?

Wouldn't it be better to get a original ps3 with an extra hard drive to make sure it's a model that can be Jailbroken?
imo yes but even if you can't install a full cfw you can still play backups B-)

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox 360 can be modded with a 360ace or equivalent. PS3 can be softmodded (CFW all phats. 2k slims and some 2.5K. 3K and 4K have HFW which isn’t permanent CFW and is more long winded compared to CFW for content).

I own both, and would say, actually the Xbox 360 gets more use with guitar hero and ALOT of other games compared to the PS3 that lives under the sofa..

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

Humanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did not even know PS3 softmods were a thing.

Last time I was keeping up, Wiis had softmod. Xbox 360s had JTAG. PS3s had a really neat hardware modification.

Xbox 360 surely had more than JTAG back then but I never really kept up with Xbox 360.

Effective PS3 softmodding must be really new and has come out waaaaay past when most general users will want to use a PS3.

From the look of what little I have read here, PS3 hardmods are still king.

Edit: I remember what the PS3 mod was called. It was called Cobra ODE.

I always wanted to use that. In the future I might buy a used second PS3 Super Slim and do that to it or a better mod, whatever is possible.

Edit 2: Likely not, though. PS3 is a waste of time now, personally. Sure, I could play Soul Calibur 2: HD on a PS3. I do not have time in life for that extra gaming, though.

Last edited by Humanity,

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for asking so many questions, but is there a way to know if I'm getting a ps3 slim that's moddable before turning it on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night