Homebrew is it still ok to download from freeshop?

bomboy2121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
did they flipped the switch or can i still download there? or should i just do it all from villain3ds/cia websites?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works if:
- you already have an enctitlekeys.bin file
- are on 11.7
- are downloading third party titles

unless you meet the three above points then it probably won't work.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works if:
- you already have an enctitlekeys.bin file
- are on 11.7
- are downloading third party titles

unless you meet the three above points then it probably won't work.
11.7 won't change anything here. the changes to restrict downloading are server-side. Soon it may be required for all titles.

Reactions: The Catboy

bomboy2121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
so i dont have a key.bin.....so i cant download anymore from those then?
any recommendtions on how to install games now?

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about Ciaangel? What about just updates from freeshop? Does this affect getting tickets/seeds from FBI? What happens when you try to use freeshop?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it ban you?

The way NIM in 11.8 is, probably would get ban. I would suggest stay away from anything that has to do tickets and eshop, just go with cia you download online and install it with fbi, anyway you can still download third party titles currently on freeshop, nintendo is targetting the first party one at the moment.

Reactions: saltysalamander

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way NIM in 11.8 is, probably would get ban. I would suggest stay away from anything that has to do tickets and eshop, just go with cia you download online and install it with fbi, anyway you can still download third party titles currently on freeshop, nintendo is targetting the first party one at the moment.
The reason I ask is because I installed a Kirby clash deluxe cia that couldn't open because it didn't have the seed so I had to go inside fbi to extract it which worked. It was the only one game I had
to do it for though and it was downloaded from a blogspot so it might just have been a wonky cia

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I ask is because I installed a Kirby clash deluxe cia that couldn't open because it didn't have the seed so I had to go inside fbi to extract it which worked. It was the only one game I had
to do it for though and it was downloaded from a blogspot so it might just have been a wonky cia

I think Kirby count as first party game, but the 3ds shouldn't stop you from being able to run the game if you just installed a Cia version you found online.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What about Ciaangel? What about just updates from freeshop? Does this affect getting tickets/seeds from FBI? What happens when you try to use freeshop?
This update effects all methods, including CIAngel. Soon we are going to have to go back to installing CIAs the old fashion way

Reactions: Baaffsk

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aabbaaaaa.png

right now

As others have said, FBI. Remote install with a QR.

Buuuuut, I'm on 11.7, so....

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean needing double the storage on SD cards for putting cia and installing? :blink:

Some of those games are almost 3GB now o_o

Don't forget you can install .cias with QR scans through FBI, negating the need to have double the game's space on your SD card (there is also FTP install methods, but these have been too slow in my experience). The one major negative to this, is that the QR feature rarely gets utilized, QR codes popped up a lot when the feature first popped up, but Freeshop wasn't far behind, and uploaders defaulted to just posting the .cia without the QR codes, and I'm not entirely sure why they stopped unless it just takes a lot of extra time to set up the QR codes or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1