Hacking Is it still impossible to boot Gamecube games through USB

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still impossible to play Gamecube games through a USB Formatted hard drive of some sort? I was under the impression that it was because of the way that the Wii boots into Gamecube mode (restricting or turning off USB Access).

Is it still this way? Has any improvement been made on the forefront of this? My wii can no longer read burned DVDs as it had to go into warranty, so I am looking for the next best thing.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an alternative to play the games then? Dolphin doesn't work with every game, and I need actual hardware to do so.

Any hardware that I can use to get it to work?

BLBLB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii will never run Gamecube games off a USB. Because of the shut down into Gamecube mode, it will be extremely hard if not impossible to work the wii into running both Wii and Gamecube mode together. I bought this topic up a few years ago and still absolutely no headway. But maybe that one genius will figure it out, and we will praise him for his work.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be all over a WODE, but the odds of the streaming audio issue ever being fixed on it are approaching nil.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Get a WODE and run WODEFLOW with the Gamecube theme for all your cube needs.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9aGbeFLUF8[/youtube]

Caveat - no music on the 30+ games with streaming audio. Keep the originals of those at hand.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ergo said:
I'd be all over a WODE, but the odds of the streaming audio issue ever being fixed on it are approaching nil.
The odds of other means are well below nil. There is some sort of other chip that allows it, but that's for disks only.

Aside WODE, you can buy a cheap sd-gecko and use swiss+an SD-card. It's still in beta, and yes, the streaming audio issue is present there too, but price/quality-wise, you certainly can't complain.
smile.gif

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last i heard there was homebrew in development by some guy and he's made some progress. he just posted here on the 'temp not too long ago

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thela_kid said:
last i heard there was homebrew in development by some guy and he's made some progress. he just posted here on the 'temp not too long ago
You mean dios-mios lite? Yeah with enough time it should be possible to play gamecube from sd and (hopefully) from usb too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte