Is it still hard to find a Wii in north america?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by raid168, Sep 24, 2007.

1. raid168
    OP

raid168 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2007
    Canada
    I am in Toronto Canada,never seen a single Wii in stock [​IMG]

2. qusai

qusai GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    I'm in ottawa and I've seen quite a lot of them in EBs and some zellers..
    you just need to know where to look.

3. Saylient_Dreams

Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2007
    United States
    I passed by a couple places yesterday, Gamespot, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target, theyre all out. I'm in Palm Springs, CA. I would have thought there would be plenty. DS Lites... now I see like 10-30 a store!

4. iffy525

iffy525 not famous

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    i live in oregon and i havent seen any in stores since i bought mine lauch day

5. zi70410

zi70410 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2006
    ughhh...duh

6. xbandaidx

xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    I see them in my walmart quite often. I just know the days they get the shipment of them thats all.

7. Taras

Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

Dec 10, 2005
    United States
    Boxcar #142, Santa Fe rail
    It's an engineered shortage and it's working.

Sony tried the same thing, only no one wanted the PS3.

8. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    I've seen enough around vancouver iirc.. order one from amazon.ca ?

9. titoboy666

titoboy666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2006
    Canada
    I've seen more UFOs than Wiis here!
    [​IMG]

10. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    The last two times I've been in Wal*Mart I've seen two Wiis in stock, they were not the same Wiis. I doubt I happened to be in there right after a shipment both times although anything is possible. My market is probably starting to settle. It could also be that it's mid semester in a college town so fewer people are thinking about video games. I'll bet they'll be more sold out around November.

11. JohnoBoy

JohnoBoy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Iceland
    Israel
    A friend of mine is going to the states on Oct 10-17, Can anyone give me any advice to give him as to where to look for (chains, etc), days to look at, or any other tips? I'd REALLY like to get a Wii since last time my father went to the states (4 months ago) there weren't any in stock...
    Here's to hoping that if he finds one it won't be D2C (No hope, eh?)

12. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Same for me, except I bout mine in Calgary and haven't seen any in Calgary or any other place I've been, including Vancouver, Edmonton, and all over Florida.

13. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    Come to the mid-west. Like I said, I've seen them in stock in Target and Wal*Mart every time I've been in there for the last two weeks. never before that though. Nintendo of America headquarters store in NYC will probably have them if they're going to be there.

You're going to get a D2C though, sorry to burst your bubble. [​IMG]

14. Tuddles

Tuddles GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2007
    Canada
    Walmart always has 3-4 instock and Zellers too everytime I'm in there for the last month or so.

15. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Louisville, KY here...and I shop at places like Meijer, Target, eyeball but rarely buy (due to their corrupt crap across the board) Gamestop/EB, Toys R Us, and a few others. Outside of 1 Wii in stock and being sold at the counter at the time at one of the Gamestop's I have not seen one still to date just on a shelf where you can grab it and go.

Due to this assholes on craigslist are still trying to screw people for $300-350 for them on the local board. If I'm vindictive that day I'll make a post showing people were to order one for the actual price just because I enjoy the jerks whining in a cuss out email.

16. lot

lot Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2007
    Canada
    Go to your local wal-mart and ask them when they'll restock them (Usually it's Tuesday or Thursday around noon)

17. Ryoku

Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2007
    United States
    Tell him to check Wal-mart and Target. I've seen Wiis in stock at both those places (though Wal-mart had alot more). Get him to check around Thursday-Friday at Wal-Mart. That's when I got mine.

18. JohnoBoy

JohnoBoy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Iceland
    Israel
    thanks a bunch for all the replies, I'm gonna tell him to check every Wal-mart/Target/EB/Gamestop/whatever he comes across, he dare not come back here without a wii... Any peripherals you recommend getting it with? games?