Hacking Is it safe to use Sony's built-in reset/reformat options on Rebug?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure my bad luck was coincidence:

Rebug firmware has no issues using the PS3/Sony's official methods to format a HDD or completely wire/reset a console to like-new factory settings, right?

My old 60GB model was running hot, so I bought another 60GB model a while ago to do a system transfer to, and after I got it all setup and had Rebug running on it and everything.... right after I did a total reset to reset it to a blank slate before the transfer.... it completely died on me while attempting to reboot after doing the reset.

I got a slim now and just installed Rebug on that, but it contains a lot of data from the previous owner. Before I reset it, I just want to confirm, it IS safe to use the official methods to reset everything (I am not just talking about formatting the HDD, but also resetting all settings that would wipe all configurations and even users from the system) to factory status on Rebug, right?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, there's nothing CFW-specific to those operations in the first place

Rebug itself doesn't modify emer_init (recovery menu, also responsible for the regular HDD format feature) - in fact they say how to patch it yourself, if you want to partition some space off for OtherOS :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...