Is it safe to use Pokémon bank with cia games?

Qwertyuiop1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! So I downloaded a bunch of Pokémon games and installed them on my 3ds, however I want to transfer some Pokémon to sword and shield but I'm scared of something happening to my console, since the games were installed with a cia file.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by Qwertyuiop1234,

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've all but moved on to the Switch now, the only ways you might get banned on 3DS nowadays is if you cheat online, or possibly also if you tried downloading games from the eshop using fake tickets. If you just install games and play online without cheating it shouldn't be a worry.

If you're especially worried, the gen 6 games + sun/moon all have legit cias that can run without cfw, so you could install those onto an unmodded console and use that for pokémon bank instead (would require temporarily booting into cfw to install the games though.)

In theory it would be trivial for Nintendo to notice something's off because you're not supposed to have so many preinstalled games at once on a system like this, but they don't really check for that kind of thing and they're more worried about the Switch nowadays.

Reactions: Qwertyuiop1234

Qwertyuiop1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They've all but moved on to the Switch now, the only ways you might get banned on 3DS nowadays is if you cheat online, or possibly also if you tried downloading games from the eshop using fake tickets. If you just install games and play online without cheating it shouldn't be a worry.

If you're especially worried, the gen 6 games + sun/moon all have legit cias that can run without cfw, so you could install those onto an unmodded console and use that for pokémon bank instead (would require temporarily booting into cfw to install the games though.)

In theory it would be trivial for Nintendo to notice something's off because you're not supposed to have so many preinstalled games at once on a system like this, but they don't really check for that kind of thing and they're more worried about the Switch nowadays.
thanks!
EDIT: just to be sure, there won't be any problems if i transfer any pokemon from my 3ds to sword an shield?

Last edited by Qwertyuiop1234,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just put McDonald's on it so they have motivation +1