Is it safe to use FreeShop as of now?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KeylinK, May 29, 2017.

1. KeylinK
    OP

KeylinK Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    France
    I'm still not banned from online even though I've had the Spotpass options and "Allow friends to see your online status" ON. Is it safe to use FreeShop right now? Also assuming that I'm going to get banned, can I still use online to download from FreeShop? Sorry for the noob question, I'm still new to all of this :)

2. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    you could possibly already be flagged for a future banwave. haveing a cfw console is never "safe" you just have luck

even if banned, you can still download ur games for free

3. KeylinK
    OP

KeylinK Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    France
    @souler92 That's good to know, I don't mind getting banned from online play since I'm always spending my time on league. Anyways thanks for your quick reply.

4. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    i am banned also.. it bothers me a bit, because well. i like playing mario kart from time to time... but other then that. meeh i dont really care

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Turn those settings off, and it's at least a little safer. FreeShop appears to be just as risky as any other custom app. If I were you, I would turn off those settings and continue business as usual. If you get banned, it's probably because you were already flagged before this, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Even if you get banned, freeShop will still work.

Mysuke likes this.
  6. KeylinK
    OP

KeylinK Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    France
    Thanks for the advice. I've already turned off those settings when I heard about them being related to the ban wave.

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    As I keep reminding people, 3DS online play is likely on its way out anyway in the next 1-2 years. There's also nothing stopping you from injecting private or public LFCS_B files to unban yourself if need be.

In other words, people should turn off the two settings and not stress out about it.

TheDarkGreninja likes this.
  8. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    B-But i wanna play MK7!!!!sdfsfas

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you just have to play Mario Kart 7, unban yourself with a public or private seed in order to do so.

10. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Then you're as safe as you'll get, if you're really worried just wait a bit.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I forgot the /s.:P