Gaming is it safe to use a 203w power adapter on a Jasper?

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just got my replacement xbox today, i'm wondering is it safe to use my old 203w power adapter instead of the 150w adapter which came with the jasper without any side effects?

does it draw on more power i.e. costs more to run?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I could be mistaken, but I thought one power adaptor from an older model won't fit a newer xbox 360. At least that was the case for me.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The 203w power brick will work on all Xbox 360s. The 150w power brick will only work on Jasper 360s. Using a 203w power brick on a Jasper 360 will only (theoretically) draw 150w from the mains. The only downside is that it will be older, bigger, and potentially noisier (although in my experience, the 175w power bricks are the noisiest... maybe just the dust).

The power bricks are designed not to plug into any Xbox that has a higher power requirement than it can handle, because it simply would not work. If you can plug it in, then it'll work fine. There are no real side-effects (although you may prefer using the 150w brick for Jaspers simply because they're nice and small and don't get in the way so much).

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i think it's the other way round - old PSUs fit newer consoles but newer PSUs won't fit older consoles

edit: beaten to it by Originality

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
That's what I said, only put more eloquently
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum