Hacking Is it safe to upgrade to 4.0 and install preloader on a LU64?

TheHomeBrewDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you ask me, installing the homebrew channel to load apps such as a preloader is hard enough on 3.4 systems. Don't even think about updating your system to 4.0, Nintendo have a few tricks in their pockets, hacking your Wii could BRICK it!

ianz

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have some reports to prove your statement or are you just trieing to make the guy scared?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheHomeBrewDude said:
If you ask me, installing the homebrew channel to load apps such as a preloader is hard enough on 3.4 systems. Don't even think about updating your system to 4.0, Nintendo have a few tricks in their pockets, hacking your Wii could BRICK it!

The only thing more dangerous than hacking your Wii is lighting it on fire and jumping over it.
Put the Zelda disc down and slowly back away from you Wii son, let's not do anything crazy.

On a serious note you may want to look into the softmii guys LU64 fix then move forward.

mmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already done the fix so that I can do homebrew, but what I'm worried about is the fact that cIOS, downgrading IOS, or downgrading the firmware, can (will) brick the wii. I'm not sure if installing the USB loader or Preloader or anything like that involve any of the previously stated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1