Homebrew Is it safe to update now?

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I still have an unupdated B9S and Luma 7.1. I heard Luma 8.0 and B9S 1.2 are unstable versions and not official releases. When will the official versions gonna be available?

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS 8.0 is on Aurora Wright's Github. 8.0 is a official release and is more stable than 7.1
Latest SafeB9SInstaller is on d09k's Github. Latest version is a release version and has fixed compatibility.
Latest boot9strap is on SciresM's Github. 1.2 is a official release and fixed a few bugs that were in the "rushed" 1.0 release.

You have nothing to fear, they are more stable and very official. Kind of a nuisance that we have to constantly update it, however it is a new release so I shouldn't be one to complain.

Reactions: mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Luma3DS 8.0 is on Aurora Wright's Github. 8.0 is a official release and is more stable than 7.1
Latest SafeB9SInstaller is on d09k's Github. Latest version is a release version and has fixed compatibility.
Latest boot9strap is on SciresM's Github. 1.2 is a official release and fixed a few bugs that were in the "rushed" 1.0 release.

You have nothing to fear, they are more stable and very official. Kind of a nuisance that we have to constantly update it, however it is a new release so I shouldn't be one to complain.
Any guides to update it?

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked on sciresm github and all I saw was the safe boot9s installer, I d know ready have 1.0 installed so how do I get 1.2 lol if it's already installed

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Does it work with FTP? Don't have a micro sd card reader.
Well you can ftp all your files yes. Never tried ot but just ve careful amd.follow the guide. Keep me posted.
Edit: put your sd card in your phone. I think 3ds should be off. Don't try umtested things,.that's how you get a brick

Last edited by Byokugen,
Reactions: mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you can't updates luma before being on b9s 1.2 so you'll need a cardreader.
Oh. Guess I'll wait for Luma 8.1 or something. I read the guide, and it seems I really can't update luma with my current version of B9S. I'll get a launcher error or something like that.

Man, I miss A9lh and how simple it is to update stuff on it. I really dislike opening up the backplate lol

Last edited by mario-lucis-caelum,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, you can't update luma before being on b9s 1.2 so you'll need a cardreader.
Nothing forbids you to put the new luma under a different name, then replacing the old one on-console with GM9... :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really dislike opening up the backplate lol
Leave it unscrewed, no big deal

Reactions: Quantumcat

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh. Guess I'll wait for Luma 8.1 or something. I read the guide, and it seems I really can't update luma with my current version of B9S. I'll get a launcher error or something like that.

Man, I miss A9lh and how simple it is to update stuff on it. I really dislike opening up the backplate lol
Well updating b9s is easy. Just place the card in your phone, copy stuff, easy. Even with the luma 8.1 or higher you will need b9s updated

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Godmode is a file manager. And yes, rename, delete. Have you tried to update b9s ? dl all files on your phone, slap sdcard into it. Place all files.into.correct folders and you're goosnto go
Why do I need my phone if God Mode 9 can act as a file manager? I'll just rename luma into something different then change it back after I have b9s 1.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry you made the same scheduled date with my 5th other boyfriend